Chapter 27 - Like a Beast in a Cage

The first thing I did was topple over the side of the bed and almost landed on my head. My fingers automatically reached up to touch my face in shock, trying to make sure that everything was where it was supposed to be. 

Once I made sure that I was in one place, I stared up towards the bed. Adam sat there in shock, his hands still by his side, his face still tilted slightly. It was only when my eyes scrunched up, did he move faster than I'd ever seen him move before and pick me up from the ground. 

"Oh god. Megan, I completely forgot. I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to...I mean I did but I didn't...oh hell...um...are you okay?" He put me back on the bed and clutched my chin so that I could look at him. I wasn't exactly pushing away from him but I was still too shocked to say anything.

It was slowly making sense the more I thought about it. My face didn't hurt, my eyes just stung because they flickered so fast and I ended on the floor. I was completely in tact. I stared at Adam and my eyes trailed to his mouth and I finally understood.

I'd kissed Adam.

He was the one who got punched in the face.

I'd just had a vision.

Adam was still babbling along next to me, waving his hands around as if he didn't know what to do with them, standing up for a few moments then sitting down again and running his fingers through his hair. The more he did it, the more I found it amusing.

Now I knew what had happened, I wasn't so worried. It was just a vision. I was disappointed that I hadn't actually felt any of the kiss he'd given me but at least he hadn't punched me in the face. 

He was still speaking at a fast pace when I gripped his arms to keep him still and then flung myself at him into a hug.

He definitely stopped fluttering about then. 

His body froze but slowly began to relax the longer I stayed there with my arms around his neck. I felt his fingers press roughly into my spine and I sighed as my own fingers found his hairline and ran up across his skull, causing a murmur to come from Adam's mouth.

"I'm so sorry, Megan. I...I really am."

"Sh." I said quietly and pulled back to look at him. He was frowning so I smoothed the lines away from his forehead. "Guess we just got caught in the moment, huh?" I gave him a soft smile and I saw him visibly let out a large breath. 

I was disappointed that I couldn't kiss him like I should have been able to but at least I knew that he wanted to. He'd wanted to kiss me right at that moment. It was completely different to Kai. I struggled so hard to get my first kiss from Kai and I regretted going down that route. I should have seen what was right in front of me. Sure, Adam's first kiss wasn't much better but at least I knew he wanted to. He wasn't afraid to go for it and I liked that...

Even if it did feel as if I'd been punched in the face.

It was a full force punch too. It would have definitely knocked me out if I had felt it. It was straight, all knuckles coming right at me, and I flinched knowing that Adam had had to go through that. I had a feeling it had probably been his father but I didn't want to ruin the moment any more than it already was. Adam didn't want to talk about his family and that was just fine. 

I pressed my lips against the corner of his mouth that didn't have the scar and I felt him gasp against them. They were soft and probing, not a bit like Kai's who were forceful and demanding. Adam's felt like he was scared to touch me or push me too far in case I ran away. 

I pulled away and looked at him, smiling slightly. His cheeks were pink but his smile mirrored mine as he sighed with relief. "Well." He said as he pulled on strands of my hair. "It wasn't what I expected it to be but the second one definitely made up."