III. Part 1

Grab the popcorn ladies

Also, how do we post gifs on here?? Cuz every single pic that is on this story so far is actually a gif, but they turn into pictures??

$$$$$$$$$$$$

Wednesday October 31, 1984

School was the least of my worries today, so I decided to skip just so I can get this house ready. Even Carol, who thinks I'm her best friend, is here helping me out. And in case you are wondering, my mom decided to go out of town for Halloween. Doesn't matter, she knows about these parties and even if she wouldn't allow it I would still throw it because guess what, it's the most anticipated & talked about party every year and it's my party. Everyone knows me.

Dustin, in his ghostbusters costume, said he was gonna hang at Lucas' house for the night later, checking another worry off my list.

9:33 pm

This house is already full on packed, people from every grade level dancing & having competitions like keg wars & beer pong outside. With a red solo cup in my hand, drinking "PURE FUEL" as some guy standing next to the now spiked punch bowl said, I stand in front of it all in triumph, another year of an unforgettable Halloween party a success. Tomorrow the girls will start planning their costumes for next year.

Even Nancy passes by me with a happy Steve and not even they can bring my mood down.

"Oh my gosh, Diana! You really did all of this! I love you so much!" Carol comes up to me with a blunt in her hand, obviously a little too happy for her usual self, but I can tell she still has her sanity so far.

"Sure, just don't use up all my gas tonight." I wink at her, myself also a little too happy for my own behalf.

"Hey, Diana? What's your costume?" She asks confused eyeing me up & down.

Shit. I guess I completely forgot to buy a costume this year since I really wanted everything at this party to be perfected, that I didn't even think about myself. Wow, charity work for these druggies. Brilliant, Dee.

"I guess I just forgot about myself today," I look down at my dark green sweater and rolled up black jeans. "Come with me," I grab her hand and start pushing past people to get to my room. Once my hands on the knob I open the door and turn on the light, only to find a couple making out on my bed.

"Fucking hell!" I start clapping my hands loudly, shooing them off. They scurry out, making sure they dare not to make any negative actions because it's my party.

"Help me figure something out!" I ask Carol, starting to rummage through my closet. She comes to my side with a blunt in her hand, then out of the corner of my eye I see her grab my off-shoulder black top.