Karma Akabane

Requested by: sparkleheart123

-------------------------------------------

Staring at your image with renewed enthusiasm, he twirled the picture in his hand.

"This should be entertaining."

His devious eyes traced your stationary figure, wondering vaguely if you could jump out. Well, that would certainly make his job easier, at least. Feeling the guns safely tucked away in his various pockets, Karma watched the guests from his building-top perch. The binoculars he carried would be discarded soon, but for the time being, his priority was finding you.

Carefully surveying the entryway and close vicinity, he stayed patient and waited for an opening. He came prepared to masquerade as one of the guests; to sneak his way around the inside of the building. Tonight, he was the tiger, and you the mouse.

His client knew your face – hence the photograph – but not your name. Nor your motivations. However, it seemed that information was unnecessary. Had it not been, Karma would never have been called.

He was the assassin.

You were his target.

Somewhere down the line, you had come to realise that soon someone would be looking for you. Not just anyone either – an assassin. There was someone who wanted you dead, for what they called crimes. You, on the other hand, thought it considerate to give back to the public closely guarded intelligence.

You also knew this party was where your attacker would strike.

"Make this interesting for me, won't you?"

Meandering into the building, a façade of joviality and compassion plastered on to your features, you knew you had been spotted. Unlike him, you hadn't seen your opponent's face, so it was a tad more difficult. Although, you supposed, whoever tried getting very close to you was suspect.

You swayed on the dance floor, hand in hand with a man who wasn't familiar to you.

It's not him.

For all you actually knew, your assassin could be a woman. A new song flooded out most thoughts of the matter, and you resolved to let the music guide you around the floor.

This time, a foreign hand grasped yours, causing your eyes to flutter open, with moderate surprise. He was warm. Comforting, even.

As you glanced up, your eyes locked. His were a gorgeous golden colour that took your breath away. He was smiling, so you followed suit. In an instant, you felt the attraction. You glided across the room together, startling couples with how well matched you appeared.

To anyone and everyone, it seemed like you were meant to be.

That was even how you felt.

You weren't sure how it was on his end, but you felt a strong force pulling your bodies closer. You registered the minute details of his tuxedo, took in the splendour of his crimson hair. When you were flush against each other, you felt his cold breath fan your face.

Just how long had he been outside?

And why wasn't the rest of him so frigid?

The very moment your lips connected, you answered your own questions. He made short work of shoving his tongue in your mouth and exploring your wet cavern.

Recognition struck you like a train. Gripping his sleeves, you attempted to push your bodies apart. He smirked into the kiss, snaking his arms around your waist, tipping you slightly, much to the awe of the crowd you had procured.

He wasn't allowing you air.

But at this rate, he would suffocate as well.

Trying not to think, you kissed back with equal passion, making your tongues dance for dominance. Eventually, he too was out of breath, so he left your lips. When he was gone, a feeling of abrupt loneliness spread throughout your body. There was a string of saliva connecting you, but that soon broke.

A stray hair fell over your face. He placed it behind your ear with a tenderness you wouldn't have expected from a killer. His hand graced your cheek as he leaned your foreheads together.

When he spoke, it was barely above a whisper.

You wondered who he was really speaking to.

"Maybe I could keep you."