Last Minutes Together (Julian x reader)

Sad

I'm sorry there's so much Jules I just can't help myself ;;

Nadia finally did it.

She caught Julian Devorak.

I hate myself for it. I could've pulled him out, but he heard the guards earlier than me.

He saved me, and gave himself in.

We were just cuddling in the field, behind the forbidden garden. I was so interested in Julian that I didn't even heard the raven.

But Julian did.

He suddenly stood up and pushed me to the fence, also over it. And when I looked back, he was already kneeling, the guards behind him were tying his arms and legs. I wanted to scream, but Julian rose his head and looked into my eyes with his. His eye said "No".

And now I'm standing in a crowd, in front of the gallows. My eyes were full of tears. Portia was holding onto me, also crying. Julian was standing, head low. Nadia was greeting the people. The Court members were standing conceited. Valerius, of course, was holding a glass of wine.

After some time, Julian stood in front of the rope. Soon, his head was in it, and soon he was hanging. Portia screamed through the joyful crowd. My stomach sank deep. I had no voice to scream. I just stood there, tears were running down my cheeks. Portia ran away, I left for the shop.

When I entered, Asra suddenly covered me, trying to calm me down. I tried to look as confident as I could. He bought it, and when he left, I desperately started for one thing through the shelves. The only thing that could really calm me down.

We always held at least a little bottle of it somewhere. A tiny drop of it could kill an entire village.

A bottle of ricin. One of the most deadliest of poisons known to a man.

I pushed it quickly to my pocket and left. Faust saw everything and tried to stop me. I ignored her and left for the gallows. When I came back, no one was there. I climbed to the gallows, looked at Julian for the last time. Now I understood everything: I didn't hear them because they were seeking for us. Julian knew it. He felt it somehow, and helped me get away. I have no doubt that the guards saw us, and now I wonder why Nadia hasn't done anything to me.

I sat down, resting myself on one of the wooden pole. I opened the bottle of ricin and drank it. It should take a couple minutes. Tears filled my eyes again. I smiled "We're going to be together soon, Julian.." I said quietly. I heard voices, I turned my head weakly. I saw Asra running, shouting something. But I didn't hear what. Ricin already has taken up my body.

                                                            *             *             *

Nadia sat in her chair, drinking white wine, while suddenly a guard dropped in. "Milady.." he started. "Speak" Nadia commented. "We found the body of the witch, on the gallows, near  Devorak's body. We think it was a suicide, because the witch held an empty bottle of ricin" he said. Nadia sighed and got up. "She did well" Nadia said. "She was loyal to her beloved ones at least. She knew, that I was going to torture her." "What should we do? The elder witch is there also". "I'll talk to him" Nadia finished. The guard nodded and left.

Asra was weeping to the body of the dead apprentice. Faust warned him. "How foolish of me was to believe her.." he thought. Suddenly, Nadia approached. He looked at her, with red eyes. Nadia looked at him from the heights. "I will let you bury her with him if you want. Or we could plow their bodies to Lazaret and burn them". "I'll bury them" Asra stood up and said. "Let it be. I'll have only this bit of mercy, because of (y/n). If it would've been only Devorak, I wouldn't speak. I would hang him for at least a week. Even though she betrayed me: had a romance with a murderous fugitive" she said and left. She had to think about something.

Asra cut down the rope holding cold Julian's body, threw over his shoulder and grabbed the apprentice. Both of them were pretty heavy, but Asra wanted to bury them properly and that gave him the strength. He brought them to the field of the forbidden garden, dug one big hole and first placed Julian, and then his apprentice-on top of him. He threw one final look at them and started pushing dirt on them.

After some time two beutiful blue flowers grew on the grave. A warm glow came from them, as they tangled together.