Valerius X Reader

Requested by: Happykitty112
A/N: I'm so sorry that this took so long to write! It's pretty hard for me to get his character, but here is my attempt! Let me know what you think! Also, I'm sorry that it's pretty short ;;

"Hm" Valerius hummed as he tasted the wine he got. I had the same one in a cup, my expression did become more sour as I tasted it. However, I waited for his opinion.

"Y/N, what do you think of it?" he asked me. I slightly flinched, but answered "A little bit too bitter for my tastes". Valerius lingered for a couple of seconds quietly "Yes, indeed. Bring us the 1785 Chilean 'Gato Negro'. Whole".

I looked at my partner. 1785? He'll pay a lot of money for a jar of that wine. He probably doesn't even know if it's good or not. He might not even like it.

"Y/N, dear, what's with the expression?" Valerius suddenly pushed me out of my thoughts. "I was just thinking about what you just ordered. You don't know if you'll like it whether you still ordered the whole bottle".

Valerius genuinely laughed. "Ah, you always know how to brighten my day. Our beloved Countess has a whole stash of old and rare wines, I think she won't mind if we decide to taste some if it".

He spilled the rest of the disgusting wine he had before in a nearby plant.

"By the way, 'Gato Negro' is exquisite. One of a kind. I had the opportunity to taste it a couple years back, in the Masquerade".

"Oh?" I questioned, looking as a servant bringed us a dusty bottle of wine. "Yes.. Ah, one of a kind red wine~".

Valerius cleaned his and mine cups, filling them halfway. He carefully set the bottle down and clincked our cups.

Without hesitation, I took a sip. An old, yet comfortable scent filled my nose while multiple tastes washed in my mouth. I gulped it with delight.

"Well?" Valerius grinned "How was it?".
"It was--" I searched for the word "--amazing" I blabbed out. Valerius chuckled "Indeed".

He placed his cup down and looked at me. I carefully put it also down, I was still pretty new to this 'wine tasting' thing. This literal wine daddy offered it to me.

"You know, Y/N.." he said as he leaned closer, letting his braid slip from his shoulder "You're also one of a kind".

I felt myself heat up. Valerius gently leaned in again, this time further and pecked my lips with his own. I felt wine taste on my lips, this was probably how he tasted.

"E-e.." I stuttered. Valerius chuckled slightly "I hope Nadia won't mind if I also taste you". "W-What is that supposed to mean?!" I slightly panicked. This man which I was pretty fond of just spat this line in my face, I couldn't just keep calm.

"Isn't it obvious, dear?"

I gulped down.

"I've taken interest in you, Y/N"