Chapter 12

"I know you only want to protect me, but..."

It's been nearly another week or so and you've spent all of your time with Rin and Len. It seemed that whenever you and Rin were going to hang out, she suddenly invited her brother to hang out with you guys out of nowhere. Now, it wasn't like that was a bad thing. You love them both and to hang out with them made you happier than ever. When they were with you, they seemed to act like normal healthy siblings, which was incredibly rare. It almost scared you, especially when they would watch you with creepy grins and say something in a secret language they created so that you couldn't understand them. God, these twins mean everything to you–they truly do–but they both worry you immensely sometimes.

"(Name)~!" A feminine voice cries out. You shudder as you look behind your shoulder to see Rin and her brother wearing matching grins.

"Y-yes?"

"Just wonderin' what you're gonna do after I leave today. Are you gonna miss me?"

You turn back and work on making dinner for her. "Well, yeah. Why wouldn't I? Your brother is gonna miss you, too...right Len?" You ask. You feel a little on edge when he doesn't respond.

"Boy, stop staring at her ass and answer her question," Rin mutters with a roll of her eyes. Your face turns red and you cut the vegetables in front of you faster.

Len doesn't even bother to deny it this time.

"Sorry," he laughs sheepishly after being caught. "And, yeah. I guess I'll miss your annoying self. Did you pack everything you need? It is a four-month trip..."

Rin glances at her huge suitcases behind the kitchen table. "I think I have everything. I just don't know what to bring for my carry-on..." She says with a sigh. Face still red, you roll your eyes at the comment. It's only an hour flight to Tokyo. What does she need so much on the plane for? "Anyway, it sucks that we won't be allowed to contact anyone from there, but I'll find a way for you, (Name)! You can't survive without me and you know it!" Rin continues. Tossing the vegetables into a pot, you shrug. You never really thought you couldn't survive without her, but whatever; if Rin thinks you need her so much, why make her think otherwise?

"If you say so. Anyway, when are Mikuo and the others coming to pick you up?"

"In an hour or so. Why do you wanna know? So you can hide?" Rin teases. Len smacks her and scowls at her insensitive joke. You're not offended in the least, though.

"Well, duh."

Rin scoffs. "Whatever. You still gotta make me dinner one last time before I leave you in the hands of a pervert!"

"Do you really have to phrase it like that?" Len asks with a pout. He's really not that bad. She just grins at him and pokes him in the side and he eventually grins back. When she said that she was going to put in a good for word for him, she meant it. With all the bragging and good things she's been saying about Len, you have to admit you admire him just a little bit more. Not only that, there is no such thing as 'minimal' to Rin. She tended to push things to the extreme if she could, thus becoming her brothers' ultimate wingman. Anything from pushing him onto you (or on top of you, like a few days ago) to getting you to walk into his room while he was changing.

From then till now, you still can't look at him without blushing. He makes it worse by grinning all-too-suggestively in your direction and you now know how bad of an influence Rin truly is. Anyway, after serving them their dinner, you excuse yourself to your room. Not because their weird smiles are creeping you out, but because you just think that they should hang out as siblings one last time before Rin leaves.