Chapter 25

"Why are you still with me..."

.

.

You study yourself in the mirror and you have to admit that you look pretty nice for your date tonight. Your outfit is cute, yet modest enough to hopefully stave off any unwanted attention. After two months of living with you, it seems that Len definitely knows your wardrobe better than you do, considering the fact that he's the one who chose your outfit.

Seeing how you struggle terribly when it comes to dressing up, Len decided to pick clothes out for you, and to make it fair, he insisted that you pick out his outfit. You easily agreed to that because you trust his fashion sense. Plus, picking clothes for him was easy because he somehow looks great in everything, though that's somewhat of a blessing and a curse. Len always dresses well, which only attracts more eyes on him whenever he goes outside. You pray there won't be many people at the restaurant tonight; you already have enough people drooling over your boyfriend at school.

Despite how paranoid you were feeling at school earlier, you feel a bit better about your date now. Besides, even if you do end up getting attacked tonight, you would have no regrets because you'd at least die with a stomach full of food from a 3-star Michelin restaurant. Your afternoon was spent debating what food you'd order with Len. Apparently, you'd be eating for free, so you two ended up making an entire list.

When you step out of your room, Len is already standing there checking your dinner reservations on his phone. A blush dusts over your face when you take in his appearance. That dark button up shirt with those form fitting black jeans makes him look model-like, and you have to give yourself some credit for picking his outfit.

"Well, don't you look stunning tonight." You compliment and he looks visibly startled when he notices you. He sighs in embarrassment.

"Can you not steal my lines?" He complains with a small pout. "You also look quite lovely tonight. C'mere," he tugs you to him lightly, briefly pressing his lips to yours. And then he notices. His eyes narrow, locking onto your lips as he pulls away momentarily. "...Banana flavored lip balm?" He questions before swallowing hard. You recognize that look.

Your face burns as you warn him, "H-Hey, don't even think about it! We're gonna miss our dinner reservation!"

"We can just go tomorrow night," he comments, and he's about to dive in again, but you turn your head at the last second and his lips meet the side of your face instead. You push your hand against his chest and shake your head fervently.

"Nooo way, Len! We spent hours deciding what to order! We're going now," you say, grabbing his hand and dragging him down the stairs.

You're not surprised when he spends the car ride to the restaurant grumbling about how your banana flavored lip balm would be better than dinner.

~*~*~*~*~

"Wow, this place is really..." You trail off, suddenly distracted by the fancy décor hanging over your heads. Len simply chuckles at your awestruck expression.

"Extravagant?" Len asks and you nod silently in response, still observing your settings. The two of you are currently sitting at a table far away from other couples who are dining in, and the isolation is actually helping you feel at ease. Nearly everyone in the restaurant is dressed to the nines except for you two. And, as you predicted, a couple of people were gawking at Len when you two entered the restaurant. It didn't matter how much he'd glare at them, they'd just keep gushing over him and pretending you weren't there. It's clear as day that they all thought Len was out of your league, which sort of destroyed your already non-existent confidence.