Chapter 19

"You can die without knowing..."

A week goes by and the situation at school, as usual, had progressively gotten worse, but not because of Len's fangirls. No, this time it's Kaito's admirers, who are just as crazy as Len's. His fangirl population is a bit smaller than Len's, but it's still pretty big. Of course, that's not saying much because you go to a school where the male to female student ration is near 1:4. Why you live in a city where there was an influx of teenage girls, you aren't sure, but hormonal teenage girls plus a very small population of males are why hot guys like Len and Kaito are treated like gods. Anyway, after he was taken away by the faculty for going crazy and accusing Len for his brother's accident, his fangirls blindly believed him.

To be honest, you aren't really sure if Kaito was right or not, but you're at the point where you rather not think about it.

His fangirls have gifted you glares and constant rumors behind your back, but they hadn't hurt you physically unless they wanted to be killed by Len. You can't really be bothered to think about them right now, though. You have work in an hour and Len is currently asking why you haven't quit yet.

"What do you mean 'why haven't I quit yet?' I need a job! What if there's an emergency or something? Plus, what if I want to buy a car in college? I'll need that money in the future," you insist. Len is sitting cross-legged outside your room waiting for you to come out. You can hear his head repeatedly hitting the door.

"Ugh, first of all, you've saved more than enough money over the past two months because you don't need to pay bills anymore. Second, you don't need a car! We're going to the same college; if you need to go somewhere, I'll just drive you. Plus, you never got your license, so there's that," he adds teasingly and laughs when he hears you muttering something rude.

"I know, but your parents don't know that I'm living here. When they come back in a couple months, I have to stay someplace!" This is a good point and Len knows it.

"Are you kidding? Rin and I can easily convince our parents to let you stay over the summer; we have a guest bedroom for a good reason," he says, and you can just sense him frowning outside your door. "Plus, there's no way we'd let you stay with your brother, if that's what you were thinking of doing. I don't care how much you want to 'mend your relationship' with him; he's a creep."

"Hey, don't insult my brother! I only get to do that because we're related!" You say with a pout. You consider it a privilege you get being his sibling that no one else should have.

"Pfft," Len snorts from the other side and you roll your eyes. "And how many times have you insulted my sister again?"

"Okay...point taken," you say while pulling your red and black polo over your head. "But Hitori isn't so bad, I guess? I want at least some actual family in my life if you don't mind..."

While he does mind, he'll let it be because you deserve a relationship with your last living family member, at least. 'I'm only possessive, not cruel,' Len tells himself when he's trying to assure himself that he's a decent human being.

"I dunno if I'll stay with him over the summer, but if things somehow go wrong, I'll have him as a backup. That's all," you say, as you swing the door open, revealing you in all your work-uniform clad glory. You half-expect to step on Len, but he's already standing with his arms stretched out towards you. "Are you trying to hug me or are you going to carry me?"

"Hmm, which would you rather?"

Your grin gives your answer away and the next thing you know, you're being picked up bridal style by Len.