Chapter 30

The sky shimmered brighter than Flowerpelt had ever seen it. She looked around, amazed at how many stars there were and how bright they shined. She felt a sense of peace around her.

"Hello, Flowerpelt." Flowerpelt heard a familiar voice. She turned to see Feathernose standing a few taillengths away. "Beautiful night isn't it?" Flowerpelt blinked, Feathernose looked amazing. His silver tabby pelt was shimmering and his eyes glowed as bright as the stars above.

"Am I dead?" Those were the only words that formed in mouth. She remembered being attacked by Falconclaw and being in the medicine cat den.

Feathernose's eyes were soft, he stepped closer. "No, Flowerpelt, you're not dead. You were close though." He sat down beside her, looking up at the stars. "It's not your time to die, death happens for a reason and your reason won't be for a while."

"Death happens for a reason? What reason did my father have for dying? Or Springkit?"

"The reasons aren't always obvious, your father died so you could find strength. I died so that Poppypaw could become Honeywing's apprentice. It is not your time to die."

"When will it be?" Flowerpelt questioned.

"Not for a long time, you have a long life ahead of you." Feathernose met her gaze. "For now, you need to return to your Clan and tell them of Falconclaw's treachery. He's being questioned but they can't prove that he's dangerous without you."

The world around them faded and suddenly Flowerpelt was sitting in the middle of SunClan camp with Feathernose still at her side. Foxstar had a meeting called and Falconclaw was sitting alone with the Clan facing him.

"I'm sorry, but I can't accuse Falconclaw of anything without proof." Foxstar spoke to the Clan.

"He tried to murder Flowerpelt! It's clear!" Stormwind was on her paws, claws digging into the earth and her pelt bristling, she turned to Foxstar, blue eyes blazing. "You have to be blind not to notice it!"

"I agree with Stormwind." Owlfoot added, lashing his tail. "He's always hated Dovewish and how he's trying to kill her kits. There was no trace of rogues where we found Flowerpelt."

"Owlfoot is right." Icepetal spoke up. "We tracked all over the territory and found zero trace of any cats other than Flowerpelt, Thornpelt and Falconclaw."

"Thornpelt," It was Hawktalon who spoke up next, he was in clear distress over his brother being accused of trying to kill a cat. "What did you hear when you told Mallownose to go check out the training area?"

Thornpelt shuffled his paws, avoiding any cats' gaze. Falconclaw glared at him, the dark tabby had kept his silence during this entire conversation. "I heard fighting, I didn't know if it was dangerous so I ran until I found Mallownose and her patrol."

Flowerpelt's heart dropped. "He's lying!" She cried out, no cat could hear her though. "Why is he lying?" She turned to Feathernose, expecting answers. "He knows that Falconclaw did this!"

"I can't answer that, Flowerpelt." Feathernose response just hurt her even more. "Only Thornpelt can."

Flowerpelt sat down, unable to comprehend what was happening. "I don't wanna see anymore of this." She closed her eyes and they were back in the starry forest. "Thornpelt could prove he's guilty right now...I thought we had something." She could feel heart breaking. It was a different pain from her parents died, it was an entirely new pain. "Is his fear for Falconclaw really greater than his love for me?"

"I'm sorry you've had to struggle so much, Flowerpelt." Feathernose's voice was pained, Flowerpelt looked at him once more. There was darkness in his green eyes. "You've lost both your parents and you've experienced betrayal and intense pain." He met her gaze, it was suddenly very bright. "But you have to stay strong, you have an incredibly strong destiny ahead of you. You have to stay strong, no matter what. Your sister, your friends, and all the cats you've lost will be by your side to help you." He stepped forward, touching his nose to hers. "You just have to stay strong."