Chapter 20

Melo pov.

I walk into the jewelry shop that Zo goes to all the time for new chains.

"Hello LaMelo what brings you here today," says Jared, the owner.

"Well I'm here today for a ring. Wedding ring to be exact," I say.

"A ring? You're going to propose to your girl," says Jared.

"Yes but I have no clue when. She's been busy with the Bakery and I've been busy," I say.

The reason why I've been busy is because my team won the NBA Finals this year and we had to do interviews all over.

"Oh yes congratulations. Are you glad for this off-season," says Jared as he guides me towards a glass container filled with rings.

"Yes I'm glad. I can spend time with Mia now. We spent time together ever so often but now I can see her everyday," I say smiling.

He bends down to unlock the container and finds a tray filled with shiny behind rings.

"Well let's see what I have today," he says he pulls out the tray of rings.

"Cool," I say as I lean to see the rings.

"So do you know what type of rings she likes," he says.

"She likes simple rings but this ring has to be different. I don't want it to be simple add some jewels on top," I say.

"Okay so there goes the first row," says Jared.

"I want her to have a ring with one gemstone on it," I say.

"Well let's see what I have. All of these rings have like 7-10 diamonds on them. Let me get another tray," he says putting this one away.

He walks towards the back of his store and finds a tray on the top shelf.

"These are our simple rings but with a twist," he says.

"This looks like the perfect tray," I say as he sets it down in front of me.

"Well tell me which on you like," he says.

"Okay," I say looking around. I search when I see the perfect ring. It has a little bend in it but it has a diamond on it. Its not too small or too big.

"That one," I say pointing to it.

"Nice choice LaMelo. I think she would like this," says Jared as he puts the ring into my hand.

I twirl it around and look at it.

"Can you customize it," I say.

"Yes what do you want," he says.

"Can the diamond have a blue tint to it," I say.

"Sure but why," he says.

"Blue is one of her favorite colors," I say.

"Okay I'll see what can I do! Which rings do want to look at. The glass container is on the other side of the store," he says as I hand him the ring.

"Surprise me," I say.

"Okay what is her ring size," says Jared.

"5," I say.

"Okay and I remember yours from when all of your brothers got matching rings. Come in tomorrow and pick up the rings. You can pay tomorrow too," says Jared.

"Okay thank your Jared. See you tomorrow," I say as I turn to leave.

"Okay see you tomorrow," he calls out as I go outside. I hop in Zo's car and drive towards his  apartment.