Chapter 4

Z O Y A

Love recognizes no barriers

Love recognizes no barriers. It jumps hurdles, leaps fences, penetrates walls to arrive at its destination full of hope.

-Maya Angelou

The story of Maya Angelou gives me chills. I never watch the documentary about her but I read books about her. I love reading. Something I do when I'm bored or sick. Sometimes. Not all the times. I should read about love cause I don't know anything about it. All I know is that when you have a man in your heart, you should take care of him, feed him, clothe him, make love to him. But that's not love. That's giving him what he wants. Being his second mother. Except the sex part.

My mom taught me and zabel about love. She said that, love ain't just getting married and having babies with a man. Love is strong word and you have to stay loyal to that word. If you love someone, keep them close. Do you think I love zion? Or do you think it's lust?

It's lust. It's lust. "I'm leaving"zabel said passing up my room door.

"Whole up"I got up and walk out the room. I followed her to the door seeing her with a bag. "What is that?"I ask.

"Clothes. I'm staying at my friend house"zabel said opening the door.

"Zabel no"I close the door. "You can't keep doing this to yourself. What if something happens?"my thick accent came out. This is when I'm mad or sad.

"I'm not gone stay with her. Just for this night and I'm coming back"she open the door again but I close it. "Ughhhhh, ZOYA!"

"YOUR NOT LEAVING AND THAT'S FINAL!"I yelled.

"WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU, MY MOTHER? HUH. CAUSE LAST TIME I CHECK, I CAME OUT OF A REAL WOMAN!"she yelled back.

I look down at my feet trying not to cry. "When you leave out this door. Don't come back. Don't show your face around me"I walk away going back to my room. I heard the door slam. I laid down in bed and cried my eyes out. I didn't want for her to leave me. She's all I have.

I look at my phone trying not to call zion. I need something to calm me down. It's either sex or weed. I sigh dialing Zion number. "Please answer the phone"

"Hello"- Zion

"I need you please"- me

"I'm on my way"- Zion

(LATER)

I watch as zion zipped up his flyer. He put on his t-shirt then his shoes. "Told you you'll be calling back"

"Shut up, you was just a quicky"I said.

"I'm a what?"he look at me. "So you call me over here for sex, that's all"

"Yes. You mess with me. I'ma mess with you"I got up naked. "Your married remember"

"Yeah I know I'm married...."

"So why stay with me, you can get me fired zion. We can't be together at all"I sigh. "Just go"

"Fine"he grab his keys. "Don't call me over here ever again"

"You'll be back"