Chapter 2: New Kids At Marroquin High

I arrived at the high school just moments after Milo, his truck was pulled into one of the front parking spots. I thought about pulling in the spot next to him but then reconsidered. The kids around all looked my way; I guess they were trying to figure out who the new car belonged to. I drove down the parking lot a little more until I finally found a spot. I had begun to turn my wheel to pull into the spot when a blue KIA soul sped into the spot I slammed my foot on the breaks.  

"WHAT THE HELL!" I screamed hoping that whoever was driving could hear me, but knew he/she couldn't because Breathe Carolina was blasting from my stereo. I waited just a moment, in my head I was ripping whoever it was to shreds. Three boys appeared from the car laughing as if nothing happened. Those boys right now had better be glad that my windows were tinted. They were probably thinking that I was a guy right now.  

"Hey dude there's like 50 other parking spots." The blonde one said. Yeah they thought I was a dude. I thought about rolling down my windows and driving by them and flipping those douche bags off. I took my foot off the break and my car began to roll off. There were just a few spots left and I found one pretty much at the end of the parking lot. I parked and grabbed my bag from the backseat, the pop tarts half eaten in the front seat. I heard the bell ring and pretty much everyone scurried off, I was alone in the parking lot. I got out of my car and had the instants that someone was watching me. I shut my door and began my journey to the front office.  

I quietly found the office; I pulled the door open and saw Milo sitting in one of the many blue chairs. He looked up and smiled. I guess he wasn't mad at me anymore.  

"They know we're here, they're getting our schedules and stuff." He said. I just shook my head once again. I sat down next to him on his left.  

"Were you the one who slammed my door last night?" I asked I really thought it was him. 

"No it was mom." He said "I can't believe she slammed a door for the first time." He stopped for a moment then began again "She just needed a change you know, that's what she said. She didn't mean for it to seem like Dave pushed her into it, she really went off what you told her to do since you're the one who went from blonde to black." He said laughing a little. I stared into the distance listening just enough to hear a woman speak.  

"Here they are." Some lady said from behind the desk. "Ronnie you're a junior, and Milo a senior, is that correct?" she asked  

"Yes" we both said at the same time. The lady from what I could see was a blonde with blue eyes. She stood and walked from behind the brown desk. She wasn't that tall maybe just a couple inches taller than me, and that was probably due to her high heels. She had on a black pants suit with for what I could see a red shirt underneath. She looked like he belonged in a New York building. We both stand when she comes walking over to us. 

"There are your schedules and locker numbers and combinations." She said "Oh I am Mrs. Davenport, if you need anything, you come to me, alright"  

"Hey! Mrs. Davenport." Someone said coming into the office. I turned around to see a blonde girl in a cheerleader outfit and a boy with blonde hair and brown eyes. The boy looked my way and smiled at me.  

"These students will show you guys around." Mrs. Davenport said with a smile  

"Milo this is Jamie she will show you around." She said pointing to blonde "She's a senior also."  

"Ronnie this is Trace, he's a junior and he'll be showing you around." She said. "And Trace, for your mom's sake be nice."  

I looked back to Trace as the Secretary said his name was. His long blonde hair was covering his face but I could see he had on the same Attack, Attack shirt that I had and he had spider bites on his bottom lip. This boy looked maybe 5'9.