Chapter 18: Warrior

Chapter 18  

"Riverton I need it." The man said  

"Ronnie what is he talking about?" I asked "What does my father have that he wants?"  

"I'm not about to hand over a spell that will cause the destruction of the world. It's not happening Ryan." My father said almost pleading with him. "I have my family to look after."  

"And I don't. Milo and Ronaele may not be blood but I've raised them Justin."  

"You take it Ryan and the good soul will be stripped out of you, you'll turn into a monster and our kids will die."  

"You just want it for yourself Justin." He said pointing his finger at my father  

"I have no use for it Ryan but I am not allowing it to be used to destroy you. You have been my best friend since we were kids."  

"Where is it Justin?"  

"You do you realize that they will kill you. Ocean, Milo, Ronaele and Rosaline, Lysander, our kids Ryan... will be the death of you."  

"No Justin they are the death of you." and with that I saw Ryan pull a handgun from his jacket and point it at my father. Everything around me slowed down, I saw the bullet fly to my father and strike him in his chest. My father looked down to where the blood was now seeping through his white shirt.  

"Emmelina take Max and go hide." My mother said from behind me I turned. She was holding Max in her arms."  

"Mom!" Emmelina said as she took Max  

"Go." My sisters turned and run off down the hall." My mother turned back towards the stairs took a breath and put a strong face on.  

"Find it...tear this place up if you have to just find it." I heard from downstairs.  

"Ronnie please I can't look anymore." I said to her. She turned to face me  

"You must." She said  

"Why? What do I need to see?" I asked. She looked at me and then pointed to a man bringing a case to Ryan.  

"What's in the case?"  

"The destruction of the world. Your father and Ryan had created that."  

"What is it?"  

"Devils Spell. That's what your father called it."  

"We have what we came for." Ryan said "Jacque!"  

"Yes sir?"  

"Kill them."  

"Yes Sir!"  

"Are you kidding me, he got what he wanted and still he had to kill my mother and my sisters!" I said to no one. I looked to Ronnie "I've had enough." I said 

All of a sudden we were in the field behind my house.  

"What is Devils Spell?" I asked.  

"A curse Ocean...it's what got your parents and your sisters killed."  

"What was it meant for?"  

"Your father and Ryan created it for wolves; they tried to create something that would make them stronger than any other creature."  

"But something went wrong?"  

"The wolves they tested it on became crazy with power, they became addicted to it and the more they took it the more it destroyed them. Your father kept trying to improve it and fix it but the solutions he made just didn't work. He gave up and destroyed the research and hid the solutions away so no one would ever use it."