Morning Play

Simba was rudely awoken by his daughter. "I wanna play." She insisted. Nala yawned. "Kiara.. Go away.." She mumbled- half asleep. "Kopa, go play with Kiara." Simba tried to shoo Kiara away. "5 more minutes." He mumbled, but Kiara already starting to play until she bit his tail. He screamed the highest pitch he'd ever screamed, making everyone burst out laughing. Kopa sighed and got up to play. His two friends- Auni and Amira joined him. Auni had a black tuff of mane on his head, and blue eyes, while Amira had a black triangle on her head, but she was a  beige colour. Kiara admired her older brother. The sun highlighted the rim of his light brown eye. His light brown tuff on his head was fuzzy, only making Kiara wanting to play with the fuzz.

He took her to the watering hole to wake himself up. Auni and Amira began to play with her while he took him morning drink and wished his grandfather a good morning. He took a seat thinking of what could happen today. After all, no two days in the savannah are the same. Maybe he'll find a new type of insect, Solara (a currently pregnant lioness in the pride lands) might have seven instead of six cubs in her pregnancy. For all he knew, the savannah was just waking up to get into the challenge that never ends. Survival, and play was just an activity to exercise stiff muscles in the case of a pride takeover.

What he didn't consider was how privileged he was. It wasn't his fault, Simba didn't tolerate conversation of rogues. He couldn't stand the savagery. So untraditional. Simba had it in his mind, Kopa will be with Amira and Kiara would be with Auni. He'd grown so close minded, but was still loved in every way.

Mid thought, Kiara jumped on Kopa to play. He laughed with her as the day began to age.

I know what you're thinking! You'll see Kovu and Vitani next chapter!