You Don't Remember me?

As the pride head back to the pride lands, welcoming Kovu back with the most sincere apologies, Mufasa's job still wasn't done. Vitani walked by Kovu. "Kovu do you remember me?" Vitani pleaded. 'Yes, in my imagination...' He wanted to say, but who was he kidding? He'd look insane. "I.. 'cough'... No." He excused. "Don't you remember? I was the one who raised you. We used to steal scraps from pride lands, we were somewhere new everyday. We'd run out in the open grasslands! I was with you.." She tried reminding. 'Yes, but you were never real.' He paused. "I think you have me mistaken for another lion.. I was raised by my parents." Kovu made up for his crazy answers. Vitani was astonished. He truly forgot her. She was furious and grit her teeth. She forgave Kovu, but wanted to find the merciless soul that destroyed her brother that she knew and loved. 'Who was the one that always checked you for ticks? Who got caught stealing food for you? Who kept you warm at night? How could you forget?' She was in disbelief, she used to believe it was impossible to play with someone's head so much that they forget a living soul.

"Scar and Zira aren't your parents." She told him, he looked at her. She was confusing him. "I'm your sister, they kidnapped us both." Kovu began to grow frustrated of her nagging. "I'm an only cub." Kovu insisted and began walking faster. Her heart shattered, he kept his head hung low. She exchanged looks with Kopa. "How could this happen?" She wheezed in pain. 'You don't remember me?' She asked in his head. She got closer to her mate.

But Kovu was sure, he was an only cub. He knew that for sure and he had the memory to prove it when he was smacked for insisting. But he always considered it to be that Zira was afraid for him to grow crazed, not because she wanted to manipulate him.

Kiara took Kovu's place near Vitani, she asked about the whole story. Perhaps she could help, but the first order is to accept that they might not be able to remove the black spot in his heart that Scar and Zira have implanted, but at the same time they have to accept that they can help him. Vitani observed her surroundings. She knew the place, this was where she was taken by the hyenas. She rushed up to the front, near the king and queen. Maybe the pride's attention would help. "I remember this place." Vitani started, everyone paid attention, stories from a rogue were interesting. New. "This was where the hyenas took me away from Kovu." She raised her voice with that statement.

Kovu turned his head away, looking at the place he was taken as a cub. What was wrong with this lioness? He told her that he was an only cub. He assured her that he didn't have a sister and that he was raised by Scar and Zira. "But some memories should be left for the imagination." She insisted. He looked at her, did she know something he didn't know? Of course she did, but Kovu couldn't accept it yet. Where's she been all his life? All those nights when he argued and was hit by Scar and Zira? All this time, impossible.

As soon as the pride returned to the cave, Kovu and Vitani stayed out on the open grasslands. "Kovu listen to me! I'm your sister! We're orphans, I've been the one raising you!" She began begging. "Well where've you been all my life! All my sleepless nights? All the days of hunger? Exactly." His voice echoed through the emptiness, everyone paid close attention. "That's because I thought you were dead! I sacrificed myself to those hyenas! How could you not remember me? I was protecting you like you protected Kiara. How could you not remember me screaming and crying while the hyenas snatched me? I could've died that day!" Her frustration began building up, and it was clear by her voice. At the same time, accepting a long lost relative after years of abuse and manipulation. You can't just run in and say that any day.

"I'm an only cub! You might have the wrong Kovu, a lot of cubs perish out there. Not many cubs survive. Maybe you should accept that I'm not your little brother." Kovu turned away and began heading to walk away. "You're not the Kovu I remember.." She commented in disappointment. "You're right." He growled. "I guess I'm still imaginary to you.. But maybe not your friend." Vitani spat. Kovu froze in his tracks and lifted his head. Vitani got up, walking away in despair.

He stood in shock for several minutes. 'You don't remember me?' Echoed in his head with Vitani's voice.