Upendi

There was a silence before Kovu pulled away. He didn't deserve this affection. "What wrong?" Kiara asked, becoming more alert. "Nothing.." He coughed. "Kovu.." Kiara insisted. "It's that my whole life I've been trained to-" 'Murder your father, and destroy the pride.'  He couldn't say it. "Never mind." He dismissed that thought. 'Maybe he didn't have to kill her. Maybe  she just didn't have to know her father's fate..'  And that's when it hit him. 'You're a monster..'  But that thought, he heard it in Kiara's voice. He lowered his head and sat down. "I'm a monster.." He whispered. That comment pulled her back. It was silent for the longest seconds of their lives until Kovu got up and began walking.

He was stopped by a stick hitting him. "Ow!" He growled. "Where are you going?" Rafiki chuckled and tapped his nose to taunt him. "Nowhere.." Kovu mumbled, only making the mandrill laugh at him. Kovu's expression became annoyed but Rafiki hopped away. "Who was that?" Kovu snorted. "Friend of the family.." Kiara smiled awkwardly. Rafiki hung upside down from his tree. "Come on! Follow old Rafiki! He knows the way!" Rafiki laughed and began doing flips and jumps through the trees. "Way to where?" Kovu tilted his head. "Let's go!" Kiara laughed, leading him away.

They stopped by a waterfall. They both looked confused "Go to a special place in your heart.. Called! Upendi!" but suddenly Rafiki hung upside down a nearby tree he held their heads in front of each other. Kiara was instantly lost in his green eyes, a smile grew on her face. Kovu was confused and scared. He never felt butterflies in his stomach before. The one second felt like slow motion, as their heads were pushed together making them kiss. That was when he just let everything take place as they got on a "leaf-boat."

"There's a place, where the crazy moon, makes the monkeys sing and the baboons swoon." Just then two baboons kissed.

"And the sultry scent of the lotus bloom, will carry you away."  Kiara took the flower from Rafiki and held it to Kovu's nose. He sniffed it and sneezed, sending the petals to fly.

"Where the hippos swing from the jungle vines, and the rhino rumba the conga line!"

"And the pink flamingos are intertwined, as the stars come out to play."

"In Upendi! Where the passion fruit grows sweet!"

"And it's so divine!"  Kiara tasted the juicy sweetness as the fruit exploded in her mouth.

"That you lose your mind!"  Kovu refused to eat his, he didn't trust the mandrill yet.

"As it sweeps you off your feet."

"In Upendi.. without a worry or a care."

"And it just takes two."

"To make it true." 

"Your heart will lead you there.."  Rafiki put a heart shaped leaf over Kovu's mane, sending Kiara to laugh. He pulled it off and tossed it away.

"Where is it!" Kiara laughed, Rafiki covered her eyes and picked the mites out of her ears. (I still find that bit to be weird tbh..)

"In Upendi... In Upendi.."

"No place you don't take with you!" He laughed with her.

"You better watch your step, cuz' the path is steep."

"Better hold your breath, cuz' the water's deep." Just then, they fell off the boat into the water but the plant opened letting them fall but onto the boat.

"It's long way down lovers' leap!"

"But falling's half the fun!"

"In Upendi!"  Kovu finally loosened up when they landed on the leaf and laughed with Kiara. He began enjoying himself.

"Where the passion fruit grows sweet!"

Passion fruit rained down, Kovu had one in his mouth but as he tried to swallow it, he started to choke.

"And it's so divine! That you lose your mind as it, sweeps you off your feet!"

She dropped the fruits from her paws, Kiara's kiss on the cheek made him swallow and feel better. That was all it took. That passion fruit and kiss put him under a spell.

"In Upendi! Without a worry or a care!"

"It just takes two! To make it true!"  Rafiki pushed their heads together. Their noses shaped a heart.

"Your heart will take you there..."

"You can beat the bush like there's no tomorrow. From Tanganyika to Kilimanjaro."

"But you'll find Upendi wherever you are, oh! Underneath the sun..."

There was a blast under them, and their were up at the top, like a fountain.

"In Upendi! Where the passion fruit grows sweet!"

"And it's so divine, that you lose your mind as it, sweeps you off your feet!"

They laughed and jumped off the boat. They climbed out the water and joined the line. They ate their fruits and jumped in a slower stream.

"It just takes two! To make it true! Your hear...........................................................t! Will take you there!"  They had a parachute that made them float and cuddle.

"Down in Upendi."

"Way down."

"In Upendi!"

"Down in Upendi."

"Way down."

"In Upendi!"

"Down in Upendi."

"Way down."

"In Upendi!"

They finally peacefully landed on the ground, they giggled, and still bounced to the beat as they walked. T

They was it, they were in love. And they had no regrets about it. Kovu could care less about Scar's plan right now. Only this mattered right now. Only she mattered right now.

By the time they got back, Auni had ratted Kiara out to Simba. Hoping Simba would throw Kovu out but Simba saw how happy they both were, and since he clearly wasn't trying to get Kiara pregnant, he approached Kovu when he lay down by his lonely rock. Kovu looked at him in shock. "It's kind of cold tonight.. Come on in." Simba smiled. Auni went inside, he was on fire from what he just heard.

Scar and Zira stalked him from a far. "Get him Kovu! Get him!" Zira hissed. "What are you waiting for!" She mumbled. Kovu was inside the cave now. Scar growled. 'Traitor...'  Scar hissed in his head. His claws extended as he clawed the tree.