A Disaster

Kiara stalked her prey through the grass. Her excitement was uncontrollable. She was finally free from her father's rules. She crept closer through the grass but the topic heard ran away. She tried chasing them but she grew weaker by the second and stopped, only to put on an angry pout. Then she saw a fire coming at her, it was so quick that as she was running she found herself surrounded. She screamed and jumped on rocks to get away, getting small burns on her paws.

Smoke filled her lungs, her vision was fogged by her tears from coughing excessively, and her muscles weakened until she collapsed on the hard, hot ground. This was in for her. She inhaled so much smoke and fainted. The plan was that Simba would come looking for her, and Kovu would throw him in the fire maybe but Kovu found Kiara. He paused, he was supposed to kill her after killing Simba to get rid of the things he loved. He observed his surroundings, Scar and Zira were nowhere to be found. There was too much good in his heart despite the darkness that loved to destroy his goodness. He picked her up and scooped her onto his back.

He began running for an exit, he could care less if Simba was in there and he had to die. He was busy saving a life. He stopped, he was surrounded and had no chance but to jump off the cliff and hope for the best. He leapt over the over the cliff, his back slamming into the rocks until they plunged into the water, disturbing the stillness and scarring it with ripples. He flipped his mane back and gasped for air then he saw Kiara sink. He gasped and went down for her.

The water blinded him, he had to rely on colour although the water was red from the reflection of the fire over the hill

The water blinded him, he had to rely on colour although the water was red from the reflection of the fire over the hill. For every second her was down there, his lungs ached more and he became more desperate for air. He whipped his paws to go faster before his body would force him to inhale water. He finally saw the foggy colour of Kiara's fur and snatched her scruff. He used his powerful legs to kick off the bottom, shooting them both to the top where he gasped. His chest ached as it relaxed from the tension it was put through. He pulled her to safety by kicking his legs to swim then jerking her scruff back to pull her with him.

He got across the lake, sending Zazu to notify Simba. Kovu dropped Kiara on her chest, making her spit up any water she inhaled. She coughed a little. "Where am I?" She groaned as she got up. "You're safe... In the pride lands.." Kovu said lacking emotion in his voice as he watched her balance on he feet. "The pride lands? No! Why'd you bring me here! Who do you think you are!" Kiara yelled at him while stomping to him, making him back up. He let out a short huff, disgusted by how ungrateful she was. "I'm the one that just saved your life. You're welcome princess." He growled, pushing his head closer, making her step back. There was only one lion that called her a princess in such an annoyed and mocking tone. "Kovu?" She slowly asked. He nodded but their session was interrupted by Simba and Auni's roars.

Kovu roared back at protection, although his bluff was obvious because there was no way he could take both of them at the tame time. "Dad! How could you? I wanted my first hunt. I'm two years behind!" She whined. "Good, because I almost lost you. You're not leaving my sight." Simba lectured. "Auni, you're the one who let me go!" She tried to throw the blame off her back. "I thought you'd be fine. Now all of you. Back to the pride lands, we have to teach this young rogue a lesson." He growled with Simba. Amira held Kiara back so she didn't get hurt along with the other cubs. "Hey! You there!" Rafiki called. Everyone turned their attention to the old mandrill. "How dare you save the king's daughter!" Rafiki laughed at Simba's stubbornness.

Simba looked at Kovu. "You saved her? Why?" Simba interrogated. "Why did I save you daughter?" Kovu spat. Auni growled at how aggressive Kovu was being. "Simba! You owe him your daughter's life!" Nala hissed. "What do you want?" Auni defended Simba. "I humbly ask to join your-" He started before being interrupted. "No. I don't accept rogues. I don't owe you anything. I could've just saved my daughter myself." Simba so rudely dismissed. Kovu lifted an eyebrow as the lionesses stared in shock. He stepped towards Simba, Auni lunged and roared but Kovu spat a growl at him, silencing him. Kovu stood inches away from Simba's face. "I'll have you know, when she passed out on the ground and I found her. That could've been the end of her right there. I could've killed her with my eyes closed. So much for saving her yourself when she was inhaling smoke." He growled. Simba quietly roared of frustration and circled. "Dad he saved my life!" Kiara obnoxiously screamed. Zazu sat on Simba's shoulder. "Sire, royal protocol demands that all debts be paid. We are in his debt. But in this case we might want to make an exception.." Zazu's beak tensed up as he said it.

Simba glanced back at Auni and Kovu giving each other the death stare and smiled "My father's law will prevail.. We'll see who you really are." Simba concluded and lead the pride back to pride rock. Kovu smiled when nobody was watching. The plan is unfolding perfectly. He'll be king in no time.