I Don't Know...

MONTHS LATER, THE PRIDELALNDS HAD SETTLED DOWN FOR THE MOST PART...

Simba sat over the hill, watching the young couple stargaze. His little girl grew too fast, and if he wasn't so focused on his king duties and limiting her from the world she would've been a lot closer to him. She didn't hate him but something inside him could never forgive him. He looked at her, then the lion that she was making smile. For a few seconds he saw them both as cubs. He let out a sigh. And where was he when his son had found a mate and expected his cubs who were now learning to hunt with everyone.

"Don't beat yourself up." He heard a soothing voice behind him. Nala to a seat beside him. "I just... I don't know.." Simba mumbled as he observed them giggle and point. He used to do it with her all the time before Kopa went missing, all four of them would lie in that spot and watch the starts. But after Kopa went missing, he never spent time with the family. "I know.. Our daughter is all grown up. It's like yesterday that she used to hop around the fields with Kopa.." Nala smiled a little. "Can you believe it? She's taking the throne soon." Nala had a small giggle. 'When she takes the throne, she'll have a mate... Then she'll get PREGNANT. O.o'  Simba thought.

"It's just that.. She'll have to pick a mate and I don't know if I-" Simba hesitated. "She has to choose between Kovu and Auni... Simba I thought you accepted him already." Nala's voice was gentle yes still had the slight tone of being annoyed. "I do, but..." Simba stopped himself, lost in his thoughts watching them get up and start to play as if they were still cubs. Simba shook that thought out of his head. "What is it that you don't like bout him? I think he fits the bill." Nala questioned, confused that he still hesitated. "He loves our daughter, she loves him, they make each other happy. He seems to be calm and collected for the most part." She reminded.

"How about you spend the day with him tomorrow. Get to know him and see." Nala rubbed herself against her mate's mane and head back to the cave as he slowly followed her, thoughts filling his head more and more.