They're Gone... Or Are They?

As the hours melted away and the heat of the savannah grew more unbearable. Kovu and Vitani grew more thirsty. They searched for water but grew weaker. Vitani knew she had to stay strong for the sake of Kovu. Kovu and Vitani saw water in the distance. "Water!" They gasped and ran. But there was nothing there. Kovu looked up at Vitani with tears in his eyes. Only breaking her heart more.

Just when Vitani opened her mouth to talk, there were laughs near her. She shielded Kovu and growled at the hyenas circling her. "Ouhh! Tough one! Reminds me of baby Simba." Shenzi laughed. "Here, kitty kitty kitty." Banzai grit his teeth slightly laughing. "Stay away from my brother!" Vitani snapped since they watched him. "Go pick on someone your own size." She growled. "You heard the lady." Shenzi sarcastically lectured her partners and snatched the cub. The trio ran away. "Vitani!" Kovu cried but fell on his back from weakness. "NO! KOVU!" Vitani screamed as she was hauled away, she thrashed and struggled with no hope. She knew he'll die out here on his own.

Kovu panted and stared up at the sky terrified. What happened next shocked him.

He saw a figure that overshadowed him. Scar looked down at the defenseless cub. He looked both ways and back at Kovu who was trembling of fear. 'What's taking so long? Just kill me already.' Kovu begged in his head. Scar slowly leaned down with his mouth open, showing Kovu his fate between his teeth. Kovu squeezed his eyes shut, instead of feeling pain he began to relax. That's when he realized that he was being scruffed. He would never forget this moment. The moment his life was spared.

He could still hear Vitani's faint screams, and he could just hardly see the figures of the hyenas and Vitani kicking in the distance.

Moments later...

"Tag!" Kiara giggled but tripped over a rock, launching her into the rushing stream. Kiara shrieked at the contact of the cold water. It was so cold it pierced through her. "KOPA! HELP!" Kiara screamed and splashed. Kopa didn't hesitate to jump in after her. He was a stronger swimmer and caught her. He wedged his foot between two large rocks. He had a steady grip on the ground. He let her on the land. The water that slammed against his chest felt like pins and needles, or the skin on his chest slowly peeling off. Kiara was shaking of cold. Just when Kopa was getting ready to jump back onto land the rocks came undone sending him down the waterfall.

Kiara screamed in horror and jumped down the rocks to go to him. After the few minutes that go Kiara to climb down, she saw Kopa lying on the edge of the water. He was bloated. Kiara ran to him crying. He was breathing heavily. "Kopa!" Kiara cried and pushed on Kopa's face. "Kiara..." Kopa slowly, deeply inhaled. "I'm not going to make it." He whispered and gasped once for air. "I want you to go back to the pride lands and live your life. Forget about me. Don't cry over me." He stuttered as Kiara sobbed. She purred on him then ran back to tell everyone.

Just then, Vitani was running but stopped when she reached Kopa. She was panting. It would take her hours with her muscle strength to reach Kovu. She would want someone to help if that was Kovu. She figured she could make it quick. She ran to Kopa and pushed on his chest and stomach until he threw up the water. She made eye contact with him then carried on running. Vitani got smaller and smaller until she vanished. Kopa passed out of weakness.

Zira giggled when she saw Kopa. Now was her chance to impress Scar. To kidnap Simba's offspring, train him into brotherhood with Kovu and have Simba murdered by his own son. She picked up Kopa, and went to the place that she was told to go so she could meet Scar.