Running Away

It had been days, Kiara even refused to talk to Kopa when Simba was around. Auni was out of sight, she had her plans to run away. Yes it was a reckless choice and she could die out there, but at the same time, if she stayed here then she'll waste her life. She didn't get to do anything but age.

She looked outside, it was all too perfect the pride was busy hunting, now was her chance. It was now or never. She broke down the rocks from behind and left from the back. She crawled under logs and hid in the grass until she crossed the boarder, when she got up and raced away from her hell of a home. Maybe she won't find Kovu, but she'd rather stay away.

LATER...

Auni went to check on Kiara, it was unusually silent in the cave. He stepped inside. "Kiara?" He called but it echoed. No response. Zazu comes to him, it was too clear he was frightened of what Simba would do if he heard the news. "A-A-Auni... sh-she's gone." Zazu stuttered. To Auni's dismay, Zazu was right. Zazu flew onto Auni's shoulder as they went to report this information to the herd who was asleep. Nala caught them first, she stretched out, almost forgetting Kiara's loss. "What's the hurry? Lay down, have a nap." She blinked. "Your majesty, Kiara's gone!" Auni rushed to tell Simba as Nala jumped to her feet to round up the lionesses and Kopa. Solara's eldest- Cecily, stayed behind to watch the cubs.

Simba was talking to Mufasa when they noticed Auni and Zazu's clear distress. Zazu flew off of Auni's shoulder and delivered the news before Auni could. "Kiara's gone?" Simba growled. Nala came running with the pride to go find her.

2 HOURS LATER...

Kiara was isolated, and vulnerable. A male could come and kill her right now since she wasn't in heat. She had reached bare grasslands, she was exposed. The buffalo and gazelles didn't take her seriously, and she was nearly trampled multiple times.  She frowned but saw a figure in the distance. She remained cautious approaching it but kept moving quickly as he was crossing the stream.

She got up and started walking, but she realized it was Auni. He turned about.  "I got her!" Auni said as he held Kiara from running. She kicked and squirmed, but the result was that she tripped herself and got in the stream. She knew it. She was going to die. She screamed at thrashed as the pride gathered. "That way!" Kopa pointed and ran with the pride.

As Kiara feel, it wasn't as high of a drop as Kopa's but the steam made her invisible from the top. Kovu was drinking from the bottom, he was splashed in the face when Kiara slamming into the water. He saw her sink into the water and didn't hesitate to jump in to save her life. She was frozen of shock. He dragged her out the water. She was shaking of the cold. He knew he had to stay with her or else she'll die of hypothermia. He carried her on his back and quickly fled to find shelter.

When everyone got to the scene, Simba, Mufasa, Mheetu, Kopa, and Auni jumped into the water, they searched the water non stop. Mufasa and Mheetu stepped out, shaking off their manes. Simba and Auni were next as Kopa searched the last spot. There were moments that he was down there. It scared everyone. They held their breaths, Kiara could be dead down there.

Finally, Kopa splashed  and got out panting. "She's not in there." He coughed. "WHAT?" Nala yelled in disbelief.

Kovu gently set Kiara down on her side under a ledge, it seemed to do the trick for shelter but he knew he had to stay with her to keep her warm. He shook off his mane then entered  He lay down behind her, set his head in front of her neck, and held her close to keep her as warm as possible. She was starting to relax, she felt safe and allowed herself to rest.