A Peaceful Death

As everyone had fallen asleep for the night, only two lions were awake. The two oldest. Mufasa, and Sarabi. Sarabi had lived a long life, she lived through the reign of Ahadi, Mufasa, Taka, and a good chunk of Simba's. She knew her time has come to an end, Mufasa had completed his mission on earth and could finally rest peacefully. The old couple made their way out the cave. Even the humidity couldn't fix their stiffness. The pride lands were always active, but they managed to find a calm place. It was by a lone tree, surrounded by a few flowers though most of it was possibly seeds. They slowly collapsed on the ground. The soft grass stroked over their fur and the moisture sunk into it. Sarabi had leaned against Mufasa. This was the death she wished for. A peaceful death, by the lion she loved most.

As they watched the endless horizon, their vision got darker form their eyes closing slowly. By the time their eyes had closed, their souls had faded away into the wind that Mufasa was, representing the activity and freedom of the savannah.

BY MORNING...

When everyone had gotten up, Simba was confused to see his parents were gone. There wasn't much searching to do as lions so old could never walk too far. Simba had found them first. He was shocked at first, but as he sniffed at them and looked harder, there was no blood. Their bodies were stiff. His heart was finally put at ease, knowing his parents died an undisturbed death. He shed a tear but had a small smile on his face and sat down as he said his goodbyes. The pride joined him, with Nala, Kiara, and Kopa at the front. With Vitani's time knowing Mufasa, hearing he had been dead before only made her think of one thing. He must have been the one helping where when she had Kovu. She went to the front, at the end by Kiara. She bowed down, smiling and shedding a tear. Thanking him for the help that any pride lander would take for granted.