The Winter Love #4 : Faber

Afternoon came as Saber sighed, finishing up another assissination near the storage depot. It wasn't a hard assissination even though they were many on the alleyway yet it was still easily be dealt with by the lone assassin. He looked up in the sky to see the snow falling from the clouds up high, giving him a small smile on his lips.

'Heh...it's Christmas and I am still doing missions...' He thought as he started to walk across the busy streets of the city. 'I know the rest were treating this day as a break from their jobs and go to their families.'

As he reached the sidewalk, he saw a cafe nearby that was opened despite the day. With nothing to do, he decided that a hot coffee drink would suffice his situation while passing a report to the boss, which he doubts that he is online on the holidays.

Entering the cafe as the scent of caffeine enter from his nose. A sigh of relief left his mouth as he saw that they weren't a lot of people lined up to buy or sitting in the chairs. He went to the cashier, ordered white coffee and paid for the drink while grabbing his sign number so the waiter will know where he was gonna be.

He sat nearby the large glass window, his favorite spot when he is drinking such bevarages. He uses the window to scan the area, just in case robbers or mafias are nearby so he can immediately react to such situation.

Saber grabbed his phone to call his boss about the successful mission that he just finished. His other hand impatiently tapping on the table as he was awaiting his boss' voice to be heard on the device. After hearing so much rings on the telephone, he concluded that his boss was probably busy with his family.

He sighed as he placed the phone back at his pocket. Saber didn't have any friends to celebrate with as he was just a solo assassin most of the time, meaning he is usually alone and had no one to talk to. Plus, he was an orphan at a young age, meaning he didn't have a family to go to if ever.

'What an occassion for me.. can't even celebrate it with anybody..' He thought with a mirthless chuckle. He didn't mind being alone all the time as he was used to it. He didn't really click on with others as they are usually cocky and cheerful while he was serious and silent.

It was meant for him to be alone, and he admits it that iy was his fate to be a lonewolf.

"Here is your coffee sir~" He heard the waiter talk to him. The voice was oddly familiar to him as the coffee that he had ordered was on the table. His eyes quickly scanned whoever served the beverage, probably giving the person his word of gratitude.

But instead, his eyes widened in shock as he saw in front of him was Fanny, also known as Agent Fly. She had a smirk on her face as she was carrying another coffee in her hands, probably hers for her own delight. She was wearing a brown trench coat with the same matching winter cap. Her traditional glasses with her long red hair was unchanged as she sat on the chair in front of Saber.

"So, celebrating the holidays by doing some missions eh?" The female assasson asked in a mock tone, making him snap out of his shock and leer at her.

"Why not? I have no one to celebrate with so I won't waste my time I do a couple of easy missions." Saber replied in a snappy manner as he took a sip on the coffee he ordered. The red haired assassin smiled.

"Sure. But what is on your mind?" She asked, her tone changing to a rather sincere one. The male assassin had to raise an eyebrow at that question as he placed down his cup back down.

"What do you mean?" He asked back. Fanny rolled her eyes at that question.

"You must have a lot in mind if you couldn't see me passing by the window." She replied, making the solo assassin widen his eyes. "So what is cluttering your mind hmmm?"