Chapter 10

Kimberley:

The next morning I didn't tell anyone about what happened, just for the purpose I could handle Johnny. I've always been raised to fear no one except God, that sounds a little cliché but it's true.

I was so eager to leave Toronto, I couldn't face another run in with Johnny, if I had made up with Aubrey this probably wouldn't have happened. I sighed and dialled his number.

"Aubrey.." I prolonged his name.

"Kimberley, hey" I could tell he was smirking through the phone.

"Look I'm sorry for over reacting"

"Listen, I'm sorry for not telling you-"

He was interrupted by a female voice "Baby, who are you talking to?" the person asked. Aubrey quickly put down the phone.

I flew into quite a rage, I was curious as to who and what he was doing.

Aubrey:

When Kimberley called, I admit I had someone else in my house, in my bed. Dollicia Bryan.

It was kinda a spur of the moment thing, but Kimberley wasn't returning any of my calls what was I to do? Wait by the phone like a wack ass nigga?

"Who was that on the phone?" Dollicia sat next to me in one of my T shirts.

"No one"

"It didn't sound like no one" she folded her arms.

"I said it was no one, so leave it at that" I brushed her off.

In some ways me "dating" Dollicia would make Kimberley jealous, so if I continued I would have her wrapped around my finger.

"When can we make this official?" Dollicia rested her head on my chest.

"November"

"That's like 4 weeks away" she whined.

"You know I can't tell people yet, I have to sort out a couple things then we'll see"

"Hmm, okay" she smiled.

Kimberley:

I was due to leave tomorrow afternoon, my car was getting shipped over to L.A. tomorrow and all the new furniture I had ordered was being shipped today.

I made my way downstairs but stopped I took my phone out of my pocket, Aubrey had texted me.

Aubrey: Sorry for earlier, call you later.

Did he think I was his doormat? I hated how much I loved him, it was like a weird relationship, no matter who we date, we always seem to find our way back to each other.

My mom had made me my favourite breakfast, double chocolate chip pancakes and sugar coated strawberries with a strawberry smoothie.

"Aw mom, you didn't have to do that" I hugged her.

"You're my big baby, it's my last day to take care of you" she looked like she was going to tear up.

"Mommy, don't cry"

"I just can't believe it, I'm so proud of you"

"I can't believe it either" I smiled.

"When do you start your new job?"

"In a month"

"What about Aubrey?" she gave me the side eye.

"What about him?" I avoided her eye contact.

"Are you forgetting I heard everything he said to you on your wedding day?" she lifted my head up to face her.

"No I haven't...you haven't told anyone right?"

"No Kimmi, remember I'm your mom"

"He's acting weird but I can't help but long for him...you know what I mean mom?"

"I do honey, but you know what, you have to acknowledge what type of industry he's in, he's a rapper him messing with other women isn't okay, it might just be rumours too, but it's something you should expect"

"I called him this morning and I heard another woman's voice, that shit caught me off guard, sorry for my language"

"They'll be plenty of women he looks at but just remember you are the one, you are the one that he has history with, the one who used to comfort you and you used to comfort him. Forget all of those others and go and take your man back"

"And if it doesn't work out?"

"You still tried, you still fell in love and you will learn from it"

"Thank you mom, I really do love you" I hugged her.

My mom was my rock, the one person that I could go to about everything. There's a lot of things the rest of my family didn't know that my mom did. I loved my mom more than my father because I resented him for things he had done, like sending me away and a lot more.

"You know I'm sorry for what happened before you went away for school right?" my mom smiled at me.

She always apologised for it, it wasn't my moms fault.

"I don't blame you, I blame dad" I continued eating.

Aubrey:

After I texted Kimberley, Dollicia left my condo I checked Kimberley's social media accounts, it was a possessive streak I had I couldn't help it.

She retweeted a tweet from one of those quote accounts.

"We don't meet people by accident. They cross our paths for a reason"

That was more than likely aimed at me, I knew Kimberley loved me, but it was fun to push her buttons.

40 called me to head to the gym to get in shape for my upcoming Club Paradise tour. I let it ring out because I needed to get my head straight, I had three more months before I left to go on tour so it would be okay.

I then received a text from another woman, a stripper named Alisha from Houston but she lived in the Calabasas area.

"Alisha: So you ain't gonna hmu after yesterday"

"Me: I guess I am now after you put me on the spot."

So Dollicia wasn't the only one I was messing with, but she was the main one.

Authors note:

So yesterday I went on my account and somehow Chapter 10 was deleted. So I re wrote it and I'm now changing Chapter 11.

© 2011 by John Doe. All rights reserved.