Chapter 14: Awake and Alive

His head pounded and his body ached, but Coe still managed to open his eyes. He is suddenly panicked by the fact that he is no longer in the torture chamber, but he calmed himself down, assuring that it is a good thing. When he heard talking, Coe wad suddenly intrigued by whom the mysterious voices were. With a groan, Coe sat up, leaning his back against the rough wall as he held his head with a hand. The voices suddenly stopped as he gazed upon the room he layed in, then seeing three figures staring at him like he was at them.

"Your awake... I feel like I'm saying that too much now a days..." The female said to the shorter men beside her. Coe blinked swiftly as moisture returned to his dry mouth.

"Where am I?" Coe asked them, the female shooing the men out of the room before she walked over to Coe.

"You're thirty feet under ground in a sanctuary that holds wanted criminals that fight against the ruthless ruler of this world: Herobrine." She answered. She then outstretched her hands towards him.

"My name's Ani." She told her, Coe replying her outstretched arm with a handshake.

"Coe... Or Justin, seeing how there's two of me now." He said, sounding confused. Ani groaned.

"Yeah, Codex... He is only slightly insane." Ani said. Coe snapped his head towards her.

"Slightly? You mean that's not even qualified as crazy here?" He asked. Ani chuckled.

"You'd be surprised... There are people oit there that are a lot worse... Trust me." Ani told him, suddenly sounding slightly depressed. Coe got to his feet, dusting himself off from the dirt he sustained at the chaimber, realizing that any of the others could just as well be there also.

"Say, could you tell me if any one else is here?" Coe asked.

"Well, there's me... Libby, never really learned her last name... Matthew Mofot, aka MC... Tijmen Arkasis, or Arkas... and Pak Ratt." Ani answered. Coe jumped at hearing MC's and Pak's name.

"Oh! And that massively oversized group of cross dimensional travellers. Much like you, I suppose." Ani said with a slight chuckled. Coe smiled and raced for the door - almost ripping off his hinges when he opened it - as he ran out into the main area. Looking around, Coe's eyes fell upon Aurey, who was still wearing her combat dress with the white rose still in her hair.