Chapter 41: Transmissions

Navagating the caves weren't as easy as Guude had anticipated. Kurt had been silent about what happened to him when he was alone, making the commander slightly nervous. Guude brought it up multiple times, but the Farlander just shrugged it off. Finally, Guude stopped, turning to Kurt with ambition.

"You said you were going to tell us about what happened, and you haven't still. What happened in that cavern Kurt?" Guude asked, crossing his arms. Kurt looked to the others, who looked equally as ambitios as the leader was. The Farlander exhaled sharply.

"Fine, seeing how you're all so eager. While exploring the caves, I ran into two cloaked figures. Before they could see me, I ducked behind the cave wall, listening to what they had to say. I heard one of them call the other by Justin, and before I could learn any more I was discovered. They disappeared before I could say anything to them." Kurt explained.

"Justin... like the one in the Hermit's story?" Pause asked.

"Might be. Didn't see their faces. Now can we get a move on please?" Kurt asked, sounding impatient and clearly upset. Guude nodded.

"Yes, let's." The twisted corridors led the Mindcrackers through small caves and enormous ravines. The group of seven managed to navagate themselves into a massive circular cavern, darkness surrounding them as it was impossible to see the walls.

"This is, eerily quaint." Mhykol said, turning a full 180 before looking back in the direction he was moving. Within the silence was the sound of a click, making all Mindcrackers stop in their tracks. The darkness in the cavern was suddenly replaced with light, torches blaring with fire brimming around the walls of the oversized cave.

The light revealed six pillars made of a white material surrounding the outside, a small pillar in the very centre of the room being engulfed in more light than the rest of the room. The pillar in the center was covered at the top by a bright red cloth, the edges embedded with a silver lining.

"Whoa... this is more than epic." Beef commented, walking over to one of the pillars and examining it. Beef noticed s symbol embedded within it's surface.

እሳት

Curiously, the butcher placed his hand over the symbol, the marking suddenly having an orange tint to it. Beef jolted back, suddenly feeling a shock of electricity course through his body.

"This is weird... I don't understand what this place is for." Pause commented from halfway across the cavern. Beef looked at the symbol as it continued to spark orange. Suddenly, the symbol started to bend and fold as a single word appeared in it's place. Fire. Beef gasped, getting the attention of Millbee nearby.

"What's wrong?" The sheep hybrid asked as he walked beside Beef. The butcher stumbled to find words.

"The... the symbol on the pedistol..." Beef stuttered. Millbee looked at it with no interest.

"Yeah. What about it?" The sheep asked.

"I-I can understand what it says..." Beef revealed. The hybrid suddenly became a lot more interested in the matter after Beef revealed that.

"What?" Millbee asked simply. Beef shrugged.

"I don't know! I touched the symbol, it started glowing, it felt like my body was electrocuted, and suddenly I can read the symbol." The butcher explained. Millbee looked confused, but then looked to Guude.

"Commander, we have an... interesting developement." The hybrid sheep called. The commander looked to Pause before nodding, walking over to the two men as the rest followed in pursuit.

"What's wrong?" Guude asked, slightly concerned.

"I can read these symbols." Beef said, looking the strange markings over again. Anders rose en eyebrow.

"Really?" The Swede asked, not sounding convinced.

"I touched the symbol, and suddenly i can read it. It says fire." Beef said. Pause smiled, walking over and chuckling.

"Fire huh? Sounds like it might have something to do with me." The native said, placing his hand on the pillar. The marble surface suddenly started to glow, as the symbol erupted into flames. Pause gasped, feeling a jolt of power as he tried to remove his hand from the now glowing tower, only to find out he cannot. The native pulled as hard as he could, but it still wont budge.

"I-It wont release!" Pause shouted, slightly afraid. Kurt pondered for a bit before a sudden thought came to mind.

"The six pedestals, one represents one of our powers. Pause is the keeper of the Fuere, so his touch activated the pillars inner power! This must be how we summon the Cielarc." The Farlander said. Guude chuckled.

"This is why we adore you Kurt. It's worth a try guys!" The leader said. Pause watched as his friends walked tp different pillars, the symbols of each glowing their respective colors if the right person was nearby. Kurt looked around, seeing all other pillars lit by their colors. It was only him. The Farlander inhaled.

"You guys ready?" He asked, getting nods from them in response. Kurt exhaled, slowly puttinf his hand on the symbol before it too erupted in color, white blaring up the sides and off the top. The six columns suddenly began to shake, an orb of each appearing on the top before shooting a beam towards the center pillar.

The six columns began to crumble, as lights of their respective color startes to shine through. Pause began to panic even more than before.

"WHAT'S HAPPENING?!" Pause said, having to shout of the blairing sound of the beams firing. Suddenly, the columns collapsed as a blast of energy escaped from the pillar in the center, knocking everyone back and off their feet.

Guude's ears rung. As he got to his feet, he looked to his left, seeing Beef on his knees coughing as he held the side of his chest. Guude got to his feet, walking over as he offered the butcher a hand. Beef grabbed it, as the commander lifted him to his feet.

"What happened?" Beef asked, still clutching his side.

"I dunno..." Guude admitted, looking around and seeing everyone else getting to their feet. Guude noticed a couple or scrapes and bruises on each of the Mindcrackers, but then as his eyes gazed to the center pillar, they went wide.

"Dear god..." Guude gasped. Beef looked over, squinting one eye shut as he grumbled under his breath.

"What?" He asked, clearly blindsided. Everyone else had noticed it and gaped im awe. A shimmering stone fluttered above the podium, glowing each color of the six stones already found. Guude cracked a slight smile before saying:

"The Cielarc..."