Chapter 23: Let The Light Shine

Pause sludged through the thick bog of Deridan, the toxic smell of the rank goop stinging his nostrels as he trudged towards the light of the open fields that was after this. Or, what he could only suppose was after this. Pause doesn't know about the world he has now been in for three months, and he had only just got to know the Rebels, besides MC.

'Ani's a strong leader... She is cunning, clever, a bit crude but naturally that comes with the Commanders seat' Pause broke through the trees as he entered the plains, continuing on in his throught process.

'Libby is nice. I've noticed her and Jsano getting close, but I'm sure everyone has noticed that.' Pause grabbed a diamond blade from his hilt, slashing the grass in front of him to make a sturdy pathway for himself.

'Arkas is... Different. I couldn't help but notice his Dutch accent. It makes me think, seeing how the Dutch were wiped back in 2049... Overall, he's a great guy for a shadow soul' Pause jumped slightly as a wolf brushed in front of him, siwftly disappearing in the tall grass to his right. Pause exhaled.

"Stupid... Mutt." Pause groaned. Pushing himself through the uneven plains, Pause walked up to one of the many protector volcanoes that his Nunsen from sight. Pause remembered the last time they were here. It was him, Doc, Pyro, and Zisteau searching for the Fuere gem. Pyro's life had been saved from the ankle biters in the bog thanks to Zisteau.

The four of them fought with Pak, Elk, and Vrijen, and it was against him and Pak for the Fuere. Not to mention the fact that Doc almost died from a flamey meteor from the volcano itself. It was a rough day for all of them. Pause looked up, hearing the rumbling of the volcano and becoming ready to leap into action. Once the first fireball shot, Pause was scaling the fourty five degree angle of the side of the volcano. Pause managed to jumo around many, whether they were on fire or not it didn't matter.

Pause was nearly nicked by a smaller chunk while it was going down. He had lost focus and came to seeing a flaming rock heading his way. Pause ducked just in time for that one, but when he looked back from where the first one disappeared, he watched helplessly as a second came flying his way. It hit in front of him with a firey explosion, and in the midst of that was a earpiercing screech.
==================================

Kurt sat on the edge of the cliffside. He was at peace. This was the first time in years that he actually was enjoying himself, seeing how putting people behind bars wasn't cutting his happiness. Kurt didn't notice that Lucy had left his side. The only thing the Farlander was content in paying attention to was the sunset, and how it slowly disappeared from beyond the horizon. Kurt should have been paying attention to what was happening behind him though.

Lucy walked over to a nearby groups of trees, grabbing a branch from one of the many sticks of thick logs and breaking it off with a snap. The stick transformed in her hands, forming into a sheek diamond blade. Lucy slowly walked up behind Kurt, just as he started talking.