Chapter 25: Nearly Destined To Die

Sand blew past cacti as creatures of the sand burried themselves within the hot confines of the solidated liquid. Pushing through the thick sandstorm, Millbee struggled to keep his balance. A thin beige cloak covered his face and wool from the blinding storm, ripped and tattered from the amount of pressure going against it from the wind. Millbee covered his open face with his arm, his feet slightly slipping as the wind pushed harder.

"If it pushes any harder, I'll faint." Millbee gasped, becoming tired from the amount of pressure he had been fighting back. Millbee found himself lost twenty minutes later. All the terrain looked the same to the woolen sheep hybrid, and no matter how many times he counter the cactus, he found himself at the same spot he started in. Millbee groaned, looking around the bland landscape with unamusement.

"Why can't I just fall into someplace wherw the sand isn't getting into my wool?" As just like he asked for, when Millbee took one step forwards, he fell down through the sand and onto stone below. Millbee groaned. He could hear the storm raging on above him, but that was now distances away. The sheep got to his knees, looking around and seeing that he was now inside some sort of hidden temple.

"What the fuck?" Millbee suddenly heard a hissing sound, grabbing his sword and swiftly turning around. A creeper slowly crept towards the sheep, making Millbee groan and clutch his sword tighter. The sheep slashed at the creeper, but it seemed to go right through it. Millbee stuttered back in shock, looking at his sword before he struck at the elusive creeper again. The sword phased right through the creeper once more, making Millbee's heart pound.

"Why the hell-?! Why aren't you dying!?" Millbee asked, trying to slash the creeper multiple more times before he finally gave up. When the creeper hissed, Millbee closed his eyes. It exploded, but the sheep hybrid felt no pain. Millbee opened his eyes, suddenly seeing about fifteen large king cobra's slithering towards him. Millbee, HATES, snakes. The sheep growled, swatting at the cobras as they slithered closer towards him.

Millbee was suddenly taken aback, hesring many more hisses from all around him as the cobras hissed in anger. Through the holes in the temple slithered out what seemed like millions of the king cobra species, making Millbee shutter and corner himself.

"Fucking damnit! Why did it have to be snakes?" Millbee was swarmed, which made the hybrid sheep frozen with fear. Millbee snapped back into reality when the snakes started to climb up his woolen legs, making him extremely uncomfortable. Millbee fought against the cobras, but they just piled on top of him, smothering him until the sheep could no longer be seen. A minute went by, and Millbee had not be seen. Until suddenly a hoof shot out from the middle, wind surrounding it at a staff appeared in it's hand.

 Until suddenly a hoof shot out from the middle, wind surrounding it at a staff appeared in it's hand

Wind blew away the cobras and the slithered away in retreat. Millbee got to his feet, brushing himself off from all the dust and grime of the old temple. Millbee groaned.

"Fucking snakes..." He then escaped the temple and fought once more against the raging storm.
=================================

Pause was barely holding on. After the meteor hit him, he was knocked a far ways down the volcano. Pause held on with one hand. Ash covered his body as burn marks scortched everywhere. Pause grunted, gritting his teeth to prevent himself from screaming. Pause managed to get his other hand to grab the ledge, pulling himself to safety no matter how much his body wanted him to stop.

The native gripped his shoulder, grunting as he stretched his neck, Pause hearing an audible crack as he then stretched his shoulder. Pause continued to climb, noticing the cracks in the surface as tiny drops of hot lava seeked through. The native grumbled, knowing that it was only a matter of time before the volcano he stood on crumbled. Jumping over top of the first volcano, Pause saw this worlds Nunsen, cracked and unstable more than the protectors were.

"It might not be safe here..." Pause mumbled to himself, but continued on anyways. Sliding carefully down the protector, he got to the charred ground that separated the main volcano from the smaller four surrounding it. Pause recalled that this is where he, Doc, Zisteau, and Pyro faught for the Fuere gemstone... And both him and Pak almost died while doing it. Pause knew that all he needed was to reach the top and he was good.

Swiftly, Pause was off. He climbed the first fifteen meters with ease before he ran into some trouble. The surface became unstable. Cracks pierced the rockey surface as lava started to pulse and ooze through. The rock started to crumble away and melt, making it difficult for Pause to maneuver up the volcano. About three quarters up, Pause fell through a crack, slipping through and nearly falling into the lava.

Pause gripped the edge that he fell through with his injured hand and shoulder, both screaming at him to let go from the amount of pain it was sending through the natives body. Pause didn't give up though. He pulled himself up far enough where his arm was now fully on the rock, his other pushing his entire body up as he layed breathless. Pause stood up, continuing on painfully as he started to limp.

Reaching the top, Pause looked out from where he was standing. For an apocalyptic world, the view from the top awestruck Pause. The lightning storm from Herobrine's castle made the ominous fog from Moonrise forest look breathtaking. The ground below the native suddenly started to crumble, which made Pause gasp, stumbling as he fell into the mouth of the volcano. Fire surrounded Pause's hand as the Fuere spear appered within his grasp.

Pause stuck it into the wall, looking down at the lava below and having an idea

Pause stuck it into the wall, looking down at the lava below and having an idea. As he lifted his hand, the lava rose up to him, creating a solid platform of obsidian for him to stand on. Pause jumped over, letting the lava guide him to the ourskirts of the bog. Pause sighed, grabbing his arm once more as he made his way back to the headquarters.