Chapter 35: Conscience

The team burst through the front eargerly, gaining the attention of the ones who stayed behind, or the ones that got back before them.

"What happened?" Willakers asked, motioning to the unconscious Kurt and Anders, and the agressively bleeding Jsano.

"Long story short? Atticus used a controlling device to lure us into a trap, via Kurt Mac, to try and kill us, Kurt injured Anders, Kurt was knocked uncauncious, Anders won't stop bleeding, and Jsano faced against Atticus." Guude explained swiftly, taking a deep breath afterwards and exhaling sharply. Ani's eyes widened.

"You faced off against Atticus?" She asked, and Jsano nodded. They were about to place Anders in a chair when Jsano noticed something sticking out from the Swede's back.

"Whoa, wait!" Jsano shouted, turning Anders around and showing his wound to the team. A chunk of marble was imbedded inside of Anders's back, the large piece just beside where the spine would be. Jsano growled.

"Dammit, I'm going to have to take it out here. Lay 'em on the floor." Jsano ordered, turning to Mhykol and asking him to grab his surgery kit from the infirmary. He ran off, coming back less than three minutes later with the doctors medical kit. Jsano grabbed it from his hands and opened it, watching as they slowly lowered Anders onto the floor.

Jsano looked at the piece, bringing out an x-ray device that'll show him where to work. The marble didn't puncture the spine, or any other important piece of Anders's body, so he was safe to pull it out.

"Who here's comfortable with blood?" Jsano asked, looking up at the group. At no response, Jsano groaned, grabbing the piece of marble with both hands and pulling it out. Blood splattered everywhere as Anders screamed, the Swede quickly relaxing as Jsano threw the useless material aside. The doctor grabbed his clot and cleaner, quickly cleaning the wound before grabbing his sowing needle.

As Jsano finished up patching Anders's wound, he groaned, feeling his own wound before stapling Anders up. Jsano wiped his forehead and looked to the gemstoners.

"Take him to the infirmary to rest." Jsano ordered. Slowly, Pause and Mhykol lifted the Swede up, taking him away as Millbee waked up to the doctor.

"Where do I put Kurt?" Millbee asked.

"Put 'em with Anders. Strap him down, incase when he wakes up he's hostile." Jsano said, slightly having to lean against the wall from the loss of blood he sustained. Millbee ran off, and Guude approached Jsano.

"Before you help Kurt, you should help yourself first." Guude suggested. Jsano looked down, and shook his head.