Chapter 32: The Mad Doctor

With a groan, Kurt's conscienceness awoke. The Farlander shifted, squeezing his eyes even more shut as a headache swiftly appeared from nowhere. Over time, Kurt opened his eyes, squinting as a blinding light shot down at him. Attempting to sit up, Kurt was suddenly urked back as his legs and arms refused to move. Then, the glasses wearing man looked to his right, his eyes widening soon after.

His legs and arms were strapped to the bed he was laying on. A sudden urge of panic consumed Kurt as he looked around, screaming for help. After getting no response, Kurt sighed.

"Okay... Okay... Think rationally. Aha! I can use my gemstone." Kurt focused for a while, trying to harness the energy from his gem when he realized it wasn't working. The thing that was worse was that he couldn't even sense it. It was gone, which meant he had no way of escape.

"Fuck!" Kurt shouted.

"Now that's not something I would hear come out of your mouth, after all the things you goody too shoes have been doing." Kurt jumped at the voice, watching as someone came into view. He wore a black lab coat, grey pants, black boots, and Kurt could just barely see a pair of black fireman suspenders under the lab coat. The man had red eyes, blonde hair, and a scar that ran from the top to the bottom on the right side of his face. Kurt gulped.

"Wh-Who are you?" Kurt asked nervously. The man chuckled.

"Aw come now... You act like you haven't seen me before. Or, was that my doppelganger you've seen so much? Ah, we look so much alike it's hard to tell anymore." He giggled madly. Kurt's eyes widened.

'I-I'm in Atticus's medical laboratory' Kurt gulped.

"Yes you are sweetie, and I promise, I'll take good care of you." Atticis said, reading Kurt's thoughts perfectly.

"So, you can read people's thoughts." Kurt said. Atticus laughed.

"Comes with being a demon." The mad doctor said. Kurt knew that after this peaceful conversation, Atticus would probably tear inside of him and rip out his organs. After what Ani said, no one comes out of here alive, not even some of Herobrine's own men. Kurt watched Atticus grab a knife and a sharpening stone.

"Y'know-" Atticus said as he started sharpening the knife. "-I had always been curious about your race... and how you can sense something is wrong. Is there anything special behind that?" Atticus asked. Kurt didn't know whether to answer the awfully calm mad man, or ignore his comment. After a bit of silence, Atticus chuckled.