chapter 7

The walk to the cafe, we had agreed on, was a short one. It took about 5 minutes to get there.
After finally ordering we began to talk about how to tell Oswald.
"Isn't he going to figure out something is up soon?.." I asked, my anxiety starting to rise again.
"No as long as you don't act up" sheba took a sip of her coffee.
"Act up? Act up in what way?" I asked, tilting my head.
"Like don't act weird. If he says something about weight say your eating more, things like that" sheba explained.
"What if he touches my stomach?" I asked again
"Then don't do anything. Just act like it's normal" Sheba rolled her eyes, I was asking a lot if questions.
I pulled my ears a little, looking into my cup of tea.
"You'll be fine feel" Sheba pulled my hands off my ears.
I took a deep breath, nodding to her as I calmed down.
"Yeah I'm over thinking all of this" I sighed.
"So how many do you want?" Sheba asked not thinking.
My eyes shrunk and I grabbed my arms.
"Feel?" She asked trying to get my attention.
I wasn't paying attention, my mind was racing with all different thoughts.
"Feel put your claws away!" Sheba yelled which snapped me out of my trance.
I put my claws back in, hoping that they hadn't caused too much damage to my arm.
"Y-yeah?" I asked, my voice shaking under the pressure
"What's wrong?" She gently grabbed my hand that were now resting on the table.
"Y-you asked how...many I want" I managed to say quietly.
"And? What was wrong with that?" Sheba asked squeezing my hands a little.
"Oswald is a rabbit...him and Ortensia, a cat, had 420 kids. I'm a cat..." I trailed off, starting to feel lightheaded again.
"Oh feel I'm sorry. I'm sure you won't have many. Your a male first off, and second off they didn't have them all at once I'm sure." she tried to sooth me, but I could barely think straight.
"Can we head back to your house?" I asked, pulling one of my hands away so that I could rest it on my head.
"Of course feel" she stood up, walking over to the counter to pay.
After a few moments she came back over, grabbing her bag.
"Lets go feel" she offered her hand which I gladly accepted.
"Thank you" I took a deep breath as I got up.
"We can watch a movie at my house, get all this off your mind." She smiled at me.
I nodded before heading towards the door. She followed behind quickly to catch up.
"I'll be okay...right?"