chapter 24

"Why were you in such a rush to get out of there?" Oswald asked me, I could tell he was concerned.
I know I had promised to tell the truth, but this was something i had to keep to myself.
"I started feeling sick...I needed some fresh air. Plus it's almost dark out" I tried to change the subject.
"Oh....yeah it is" he looked up at the setting sun.
I smiled slightly, though inside my insides were burning.
"Come on we better get going" oswald grabbed my hand, pulling me towards the park.
I followed, trying to push the thoughts away that were pestering me.
"Where are we going?" I asked, looking around the empty park.
"To a place I found when I was younger" oswald explained, pushing through the brush at the end of the park.
I smiled, enjoying being out here with ozzy. I just wish those girls hadn't ruined my night.
"Here we are" Oswald snapped me out of my trance.
We were now on top of a huge hill with a single pine tree.
"Look up" Oswald pointed up into the sky.
It was beautiful. The stars seemed to dance in the sky, twinkling with the purest of light.
"It's amazing" I looked around at the beautiful sight before me.
"I thought you would like it" oswald smiled.
"I love it. It reminds me of all the nights I slept outside under the stars" I replied.
"How long have you been an adventure?" Oswald asked me, walking towards me.
"Since I was little. I didn't grow up with a family, so Sheba took care of me. I use to always sneak off, leaving for weeks at a time. She woyld get so mad at me" I chuckled, remembering all of my childhood.
"And than I was given this bag" I looked down at the yellow bag strapped to my hip. "And I was hunted a lot for it. So I grew to learn the basics of survival and fighting" I looked back up at the sky.
"So settling down...you don't like it?" Oswald asked, grabbing my hand.
"I don't mind it...I just can't wait to be able to explore again" I expalined, squeezing his hand.
He nodded, turning back to the sky with me.
We stayed there for hours, just watching the stars before we decided it was time to call it a night.
We slowly walked home together in silence. It was nice, except for the fact that those girl's words haunted me. My feelings were all over the place. I was happy, sad, and angry all at once.
"Stupid hormones"