chapter 22

"Is there something I don't know?" Oswald glared at me
"No! I just have a feeling there is more then one. You know cause you and ortensia had so many" I explained quickly.
He looked me over for a moment before nodding.
"I promised you I'd tell the truth" I added.
"Yeah you did" Oswald replied, making coffee for us.
"So when are we going on our date?" I asked changing the subject.
"When do you want to go?" Oswald asked back.
"Can we go tonight?" I felt like this was just a game of questions.
"Sure. I was hoping you would say that anyway" Oswald leaned against the cabinets.
"It's better to go at night. We'll leave early of course, but we won't go there till night comes" Oswald explained to me.
"Are we going to the park?" I asked curiously.
"Before we go to the place I am talking about yeah" Oswald replied, it seemed we had come to a conclusion.
"Okay, sounds fun" I smiled, swaying my tail.
"Your going to need your jacket, even though it's getting warmer" oswald told me.
"I know I was planning on it" I replied.
"Of course you were" he tapped his foot against the ground.
"What is that suppose to mean?" I asked.
"Your always wanting to cover yourself" he gave a small smiled, looking at me.
"Well...if it's cold I'm going to wear a jacket. Plus it's going to be unzipped most likely so you'll still be able to see whatever you want" I rested my head on the table.
"Im just messing around with you" he turned back to the coffee pot, pouring it into our mugs.
"I know" I took my mug from ozzy and set it on the table.
"So...when are we going to tell the gang?" Oswald asked me, taking a sip of his drink.
"I-I don't know...." I stumbled over my words once again.
"I still don't understand why you are so nervous about it. They aren't going to see you any other way" Oswald rested his head on his hand.
"What if they did?" I asked him, taking a sip of my coffee.
"You can't just think about 'what if's' you have to do it to know" Oswald argued.
"....." I didn't know what to say so I sat there in silence.
"When can we tell them?" Oswald repeated.
"Next month?" I looked down into my coffee.
"Why next month?" Oswald asked, I could tell he was puzzled.
"We can have a scan of the babies. Find out how many there are and get pictures. I like having proof" I drank more of my coffee, avoiding eye contact.
"Your something special you know?" Oswald asked.
"Yeah I get that a lot" I rolled my eyes, smiling.
"Goof ball" Oswald chuckled, drinking the rest of his coffee.
"Fluff ball for your correction" I teased.
"Ugh why you have to bring that up" oswald groaned.
"Because my little bunny boy is still jealous of a certain cat" I booped him on the nose.
"Shut up and drink your coffee" he replied
"Fine" I quickly drank up the coffee, trying to hold my laughter in.
"He's something special too" I thought to myself, gazing into his ocean blue eyes.