chapter 44

"My god feel....you know that can be dangerous with you being pregnant" Oswald swerved to the next lane, clearly distracted.
"I'm sorry!" I began to feel hot tears roll down my face.
"Nothing we can do now....I'll have to keep a better eye on you now" oswald sighed, paying attention to the road.
"I'm sorry" I mumbled again, wrapping my arms around my belly.
"It's okay feel, just please pay attention more. You know I care about you all very much. The last thing I want is for you to be in danger" Oswald explained, glancing over to look at me.
"I know, I know....I will be more careful. I promise" I slid my hands over my stomach, feeling the tiny bump that was there. How could I endanger me and Oswald's children?
"Thank you feel, now don't dwell on it" Oswald reached over and rested his hand onto of mine.
"I love you Oswald" I smiled up at him.
"I love you too feel, and our children too" Oswald smiled back at me, his cute blue eyes shimmering with happiness and pride.
The rest of the ride was silent. It wasn't an awkward silence though, more of a comfortable one. It was calm and peaceful, something we didn't get much of in the last few months. It was nice to be relaxed, not worrying about the life ahead of us, yet the thought of our kids was always in the back of my mind. What if I hurt them? What if we weren't good parents? What if it was too much?what if we couldn't afford the new ones? What if I died? The thoughts were all there, just in the back of my mind. And though the anxiety still lingered, I felt peaceful in the car with my husband. We were going to be okay.