𝟎𝟑. 𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐨𝐧𝐚𝐥 𝐬𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐜𝐡 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐲; 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐭𝐰𝐨

CHAPTER THREE
personal search party; part two

YASMINE MCCALL

"How convenient that I'm wearing all black as we're headed to a funeral." I noted as I sat in the back of Stiles' Jeep.

Stiles and Scott both looked back at me, staring my all black outfit consisting of black mom jeans, a black cropped sweater, black boots and a black trench coat on top.

Stiles snorted. "It's almost as if you predicted this us breaking into the funeral."

"Can we just hurry up and get to the cemetery?" Scott rushed us impatiently. "I promised Allison I'd be there for her."

Stiles and I shared a look, Scott not noticing. I understood that he and Allison loved each other and that he wanted to be there for her when he needed her, but we still had to play it strategically. We could not just park the car right next to the Argents' car and waltz in as if we had been personally invited by the Argents.

Victoria and Chris Argent hated our guts, but especially Victoria, Allison's mother. Something had always seemed sketchy about her, as if she was prepared to kill anyone anywhere. Maybe it was her burgundy hair, her narrowed eyes or her sharp eyebrows, I did not know, but she frightened me. 

"We'll make it there in time," I reached forward and placed a hand on Scott's shoulder, feeling him calm down by the touch of my hand. "Don't worry."

Stiles pulled out of parking lot and raced out of the parking lot, headed right towards the cemetery, where a liver had stolen last night, presumably by Lydia.

___

As we were nearing the cemetery, Scott got anxious and jumped out of the Jeep, running all the way to the cemetery.

"He's such a dumbass," Stiles stated as he pulled into the cemetery's parking lot and parked the Jeep.

I snorted and flicked my hair back, so it would not be in my face. "He's in love, Stiles. Of course he's gonna to dumb things."

"Like sneak into the Winter Formal and almost get caught by Coach."

I stopped in my tracks as my mind immediately went back to that night; the night I had almost died. Stiles noticed and immediately he stopped, his eyes widening when he realized what he had just said.

"Shit, I'm sorry, Yas." Stiles looked sincere as he tried to get eye-contact with me, his hand now resting on my shoulder.

A soft, sad smile made its way onto my face. "It's okay, Stiles." I reassured him. "I'm fine."

He nodded unconvinced but kept his thoughts to himself and together we began walking towards the cemetery, his hand now resting by his side, hitting mine a few times as we rushed, side by side, into the cemetery though the side entrance.

My eyes narrowed and I instantly found Scott crouching behind a statue, his eyes locked on Allison.

"Yo," Stiles greeted as he dropped behind Scott, while I muttered a small 'hi' under my breath. I glanced up and was surprised at all the ruckus that surrounded Kate Argent's funeral. Allison was sitting on a chair, looking at an old man, whom I had never seen around here behind. Victoria Argent, Allison's mother, sat near her and Chris stood near the old man. There were a ton of reporters standing a few feet away from them, all of them restricted by a barrier, which was protected by officers from the Sheriff's department.

"Who the hell is that?" Stiles questioned, nodding towards the old man in a suit.

Allison just happened to look towards the statue, where we were hiding, and just as she turned her head, the old man looked the same direction. Scott, Stiles and I immediately moved to the side, so we would not be spotted.