𝟐𝟎. 𝐢'𝐦 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐨𝐤𝐚𝐲 (𝐢 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐞)

TWENTY
i'm not okay (i promise)

YASMINE MCCALL

We were utterly fucked.

It would not surprise me if Jackson legitimately accused us of kidnapping or keeping him hostage, which, well, we had. But Jackson refused to understand that we were trying to help him, to keep him from literally killing anymore people. For some reason, he was still convinced that he was transitioning to a werewolf. The Sheriff had been shooting daggers at us as we were lead us into a separate office, keeping us here while he contacted Melissa and while he had a talk with Jackson and his father.

Allison had texted me, informing me that she needed to speak with us urgently, so we used this opportunity to call Allison to hear what she had to tell us.

"If Jackson doesn't know what he's doing, then he probably doesn't know that someone's controlling." Allison stated from the other side of the line.

Upon her answering the call, she told us that Lydia had swung by and translated the bestiary, which had been Archaic Latin. Apparently Ms. Morrell had mistranslated a specific word telling Allison it meant 'friend' while Lydia had translated that exact word to 'master'. That meant that Jackson as the Kanima was not looking for some company; he was being controlled by someone.

"Or he doesn't remember." Scott suggested, now leaning against the desk.

Stiles seemed to have a theory. "What if it's the same kind of thing that happened with Lydia, when she took off from the hospital?"

"A fugue state?" I arched an eyebrow at the two boys who both glanced over at me as I stood leaning up against the door, my arms crossed over my chest.

Scott nodded slowly. "He'd have to forget everything. The murder."

"Getting rid of the blood." Allison continued.

Stiles pursed his lips as he tapped his fingers on the wooden desk. "But he had help with one thing though, the video."

"Maybe someone else helped him forget that." I said and pushed my body off the door, approaching Stiles and Scott.

Scott watched as I placed both hands on the desk and leaned over, now standing face to face with him and Stiles, who were both also leaning in across the desk. "Whoever's controlling him." Scott declared.

We could hear Allison let out a sigh. "Are you sure Jackson has no clue about any of this?"

"He thinks he's still becoming a werewolf and that being with Lydia somehow delayed the whole thing." Stiles replied, seeming pretty annoyed with this whole situation.

"So do we try and convince him he's not?"

I scratched my cheek as I shrugged. "If it helps us find out who's controlling him, then I guess so."

"Do you think he'll talk to us after what we did?"

Stiles shrugged. "Yeah, it's us. He'll talk to us." Stiles remarked with a sense of certainty in his voice, somehow seriously believing that Jackson would even consider being near us after we basically kidnapped him. "Right?"

Let us just say we never got an answer to that question. A deputy knocked on the door just seconds later, telling us that we were to follow him. I sighed and said a quick goodbye to Allison, then hung up the phone and threw it in my backpack. Swinging it back onto my back, I followed Scott and Stiles out the door, following the deputy. We were taken to an interrogation room and I was not surprised to see Melissa standing there, an angry expression on her face as she glared at the three of us.