𝟑𝟓. 𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐥𝐞𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐯𝐩

CHAPTER THIRTY-FIVE
stiles the mvp

YASMINE MCCALL

I had kept my distance from everyone ever since that night. Scott and I lived under the same roof, but not much was said between us at all. From what I understood, Melissa had seen both Derek and Scott in their wolf-forms that night and now knew about Scott, hence why she was not exactly speaking with either of us. The growing tension between Allison and I kept us from communicating as it seemed we both had some form of resentment and anger directed at each other. Stiles still attended classes and I saw him almost every day, but just like with Scott, I kept my distance.

For me, I was not ready to face them after that night and open up to them, but more so, I was sick of always being left in the dark and never knowing what the hell was happening. Part of me was starting to feel like I was nothing but an afterthought and as much as I wanted to help, I just could not bring myself to face either Scott nor Stiles.

Walking towards the field, I saw all the lacrosse players run towards the field as Scott headed for the bench. My eyes widened when I saw Jackson running in midst of the lacrosse team. A few days ago news had broke that Matt Daehler had been found dead in the river near the station, allegedly having drowned. In my heart, I knew Matt had not just drowned after the spectacle at the station - he had been murdered. Now seeing Jackson running onto the field could not be a coincidence and I began suspecting that perhaps whoever had taken care of Matt had also gained control of the Kanima.

"Fuck," I groaned to myself as I came to a halt near the bleachers, looking around. My mom was sitting near the front with the Sheriff, her eyes now locked on me as I tucked a strand of hair behind my ear, feeling rather awkward.

Obviously she knew that I knew about Scott and had neglected to tell her, so she had also been ignoring me. I had made multiple effort to talk with her, but every time I attempted to speak with her, she would rush into her bedroom or leave the house; she had even talked around with headphones in as to avoid speaking with us.

As regards to Scott, he had made plenty of attempts to speak with me but sooner rather than later seemed to understood that I had no desire to communicate with him whatsoever and that I was mad at him. Scott and I were never mad with one another, so I knew he was wondering where my anger came from, but I just could not bring myself to speak with him and explain. How was I supposed to tell him that recently I had started to feel as if he was always willing to risk everyone else's safety for Allison's? Every time we landed in a sticky situation, he would always scramble to keep Allison safe, which was admirable but also hurt quite a bit.

Besides that, I had unfortunely heard his conversation with Gerard, which had only fueled my anger and my hurt. In which world did Scott think making an agreement with Gerard without informing the rest of us was okay? That old bastard had tried to kill him and here my stupid brother was, making deals with the devil himself. I knew Derek was also rather angry with my brother and had kept his distance, but I doubt Scott recognized anyone else's feelings but Allison's like usual.

Stiles plopped down next to Scott and so I decided to join the two, seeing as we always made plans together. Sure, I was not really speaking with either of them, but I was insisted on being in on the plans. At this point, I was fully convinced that I was useless to them and only added onto their issues, but we were in such a public place and Jackson was present as well. I needed to know what the hell was happening especially when my mom was present.

Flickering my hair over my shoulders and stuttering towards the two, I could hear them tensely asking each other about whether any of them had spotted Lydia or Allison, causing me to roll my eyes. "Anyone seen Yasmine?" I plopped down next to Stiles and rested my elbows on my knees as I turned to both boys, who were staring wide-eyed at me, a sarcastic smile on my face.