𝟐𝟐. 𝐚 𝐰𝐰𝐞 𝐦𝐚𝐭𝐜𝐡

CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO
a wwe match

YASMINE MCCALL

Our little rendezvous was cut off short by the first period bell ringing, which meant we had to head to class. Fortunately Scott, Stiles and I had first period together, so we walked to class together while Allison headed to her own first period. Due to Scott having to retake his Chemistry during our free period, we had to split up and conquer. To my luck, Mr. Harris had been very lenient with me and since my grades were pretty good, he had allowed me to be excluded from the exam, claiming he was confident I would pass it anyways. Scott was not so lucky and hence the second our free period began, Stiles and I accompanied him to the classroom, where Allison had been waiting for him.

Stiles gave him a fist-bump and wished him luck. I pulled my brother into a firm hug and told him to crush it, assuring him that I was certain that he would ace it. Allison looked like she wanted to do nothing more than just be near him but due to the cameras installed in the hallways, she was currently standing behind a row of lockers so the cameras would not detect her. Scott entered the classroom and as Mr Harris shut the door behind him, Stiles disappeared, leaving Allison and I all alone in the hallway.

"Jackson also has a free period right now, so this is your best shot to go talk with him." I informed Allison as she walked out of her hiding spot and began slowly strolling down the empty hallway with me.

Allison sighed, itching her ear. "I know, I just..." she trailed off, exhaling once again. "I'm a little nervous."

I flashed her a reassuring smile, then made my way around the corner and into a slightly more populated hallway. "Girl, listen, you're a badass. You have nothing to fear at all. You're just gonna go in there and get the answers we need, then leave." My phone buzzed and I slid it out of my back pocket as I checked the message and thumbed out a response, then slid it back into my pocket.

STILES: gonna try to talk w/ lydia. will keep u updated

YASMINE: sure, gonna walk A down to meet with J. text me if you find something out

STILES: sure thing and ditto

"There he is!" Allison's eyes widened and she nudged me as she pointed towards someone walking ahead of us. My eyes narrowed as I tried to follow her gaze and find Jackson, who seemed to walk among a crowd of students. Finally I spotted the familiar backpack and nodded to silently confirm to Allison that I had also spotted him.

Ever since Jackson's escape I had wondered how he had escaped and something told me that he was now starting to realize what he could actually do. There was no way he could have escaped that prisoner transport van without the usage of supernatural skills, then get to the Sheriff's station and play the perfect role of the perfect son, who just so happened to be 'kidnapped' by his three classmates. Whether he knew he was the Kanima or not, something had changed and I just knew in my soul that we had to be a little more careful around Jackson.

"He's headed for the locker room, I think." I commented while Allison and I followed him down several halls, crowded with students. Once we headed down a less crowded hallway, I threw out my arm and stopped Allison, the brunette staring at me in sheer confusion. "Your shoes," I motioned to her boots with a heel. "He'll hear them."

Allison nodded, leaning against the wall. Students watched as Allison pulled off her boots and nodded at me with a smile, the two of us now continuing our journey of following Jackson. Soon we were very close to the locker room and Allison grabbed a hold of my arm, my entire body coming to a halt as Jackson finally stopped and peered behind him as if he could sense that someone was following him. Luckily Allison had noticed and had stopped me before I turned around the corner, which would have exposed me.