𝟐𝟑. '𝐲𝐚𝐬𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐞, 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐛𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐞𝐞𝐭 𝐛𝐨𝐲𝐬'

CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE
'yasmine, you better not start singing backstreet boys'

YASMINE MCCALL

You know, there were a lot of things, which I could be doing right now. I could be grocery shopping, I could be doing homework, hell I could be laying in my bed with a nice face mask on, watching The Vampire Dairies. Besides that, I could potentially go visit my mom at the hospital or do basically anything. But alas I was stuck at school. The clock had struck three o'clock, which meant we had to head to the library to go sit in detention with Mr. Harris.

Erica, Jackson, Stiles, Scott, Allison, Matt and myself had all been served detention and therefore we had to sit in the library supervised by Mr. Harris until he reckoned we were allowed to leave. Unfortunately for us, Mr. Harris tended to be rather strict with detentions and was rumored to keep students for as long as possible, which Stiles and I had already experienced since we had already sat in detention once with Mr. Harris just days ago.

Whilst walking past Lydia, I saw that same guy from Econ standing by her, talking. Neither Scott nor Stiles seem to have noticed him and both continued to walk as if there was not some dude, who I had never seen before, casually speaking with Lydia Martin. My eyes widened as he peered over at me, his icy blue eyes piercing into mine as he noticed my gaze. That same smirk was present on his face and he had a malicious glint to his eyes as they stared into my own, my feet still moving as I followed the two boys. His smirk grew and he said nothing to me, instead he merely grinned to himself and turned his attention back to Lydia. The strawberry blonde girl had been watching us but if I had to guess, I would say the confusion on my face was a pretty solid hint that I was not interested in her new boy toy.

"And bring your flower," his voice made its way to my ears, sounding rather cocky and I could have sworn something abut his voice and tone sounded so awfully familiar.

My eyebrows furrowed but I did not want to intrude, so I picked up the pace and saw Allison approaching us. Matt was not far behind her and soon I spotted the other two as well, inwardly groaning. Scott opened the door to the library and walked in first, followed by Stiles, then myself, then Allison. Behind Allison were Matt, Jackson and Erica in that order.

Scott, Stiles and I made our way to the first table in sight, taking a seat each. Scott and Stiles sat down next to each and I sat down directly across from Stiles, then sighed as Erica took a seat next to me, a smirk on her face. Jackson, Matt and Allison were all headed towards the table behind us.

"We can't be in detention together," Jackson informed Mr. Harris, who stood in front of our tables, keeping a strict eye on all of us. "I have a restraining order against these tools."

"All of these tools?" Mr. Harris questioned, arching an eyebrow.

I sighed as Stiles spoke up. "No, just us tools." He motioned towards himself and Scott.

Mr. Harris seemed to take a moment to think, his dead eyes lingering on me for a brief second. "Fine. You two, over there." He motioned towards an empty table, then his eyes locked onto me. "You too, Ms. McCall. I don't doubt you were part of their shenanigans too."

I gaped at Mr. Harris and blinked rapidly, confused as to why and how I was being told off when I had literally done nothing wrong. An urge within me was telling me to snap back, but I knew that would do no good so I sighed as I stood up. Having grabbed a hold of my backpack, I moved over to the empty table alongside Stiles and Scott, leaving Erica on her own.

"I'm gonna kill him." Scott angrily muttered the second we sat down, his hands balled into fists and his lips pulled into a thin line.

Stiles looked to me and I just shrugged, then looked over at Scott. "No, you're not. You're going to find out who's controlling him and then you're gonna help save him."