𝟒𝟏. 𝐞𝐩𝐢𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞

CHAPTER FORTY-ONE
epilogue

YASMINE MCCALL

Upon seeing my bed, I let out an inhuman cry of relief as I took a few steps forward, letting my entire body decompress as I fell straight onto my bed, the mattress welcoming me. My entire body felt drained and for the first time in months, I felt freed and I felt at ease.

Gerard had managed to escape and that was worrisome to me, but that was something I could worry about later. For now, I found myself feeling rather ecstatic that we had won somehow.

Jackson was back to being himself, well a werewolf but that was beside the point, and the Kanina was long gone. Allison and Scott seemed to be in a good place and while I was still all over the place regarding my emotions towards Stiles, it was like I simply was too exhausted to care about that right now.

Having rested on my bed for a few minutes, I knew I would fall asleep right here if I did not get up and that was simply not something I could risk. So reluctantly, I dragged myself off my bed and slammed the door to my bedroom shut although I was all alone. Scott had gone to Allison's place and my mom was at work since it was the early morning now.

Begrudgingly, I wandered into the bathroom and headed straight for the mirror. Annoyed by the clothes still on me, I stripped off all of them and sighed as I turned on the water and let it heat up before I stepped inside, sighing as the warm water hit my cold body.

"That's more like it," I spoke to myself as I stepped out of the shower and slipped my feet into my slippers, wrapping a robe around my body. Finally feeling fresh, I sighed and placed my hands on the sink, slowly raising my head to look at myself in the mirror.

My hair was wrapped up in a towel since I was too lazy to deal with my wet locks right now. My face was a different story and looking at myself now, I was taken aback by how absolutely defeated I look. The bags underneath my eyes were so crystal clear and now rid of any makeup, I could see how dark the circles underneath my eyes were. But that was not all as I noticed how pale my skin seemed overall, my brown eyes appearing almost lifeless as I stared at myself. Even the lines on my forehead and around my mouth were visible and there was more than one breakout present on my face.

In conclusion, I looked horrible.

The events that had taken place over the past few weeks had clearly taken a toll on me and while I did not particularly notice them then, I could see now how broken down and exhausted I appeared. It was suddenly no surprise that everyone around me would constantly be keeping an eye on me, seeing as I looked like I barely got any sleep, which was pretty accurate.

Wanting to do nothing more than sleep, I quickly did my skincare and braided my wet hair, so it would dry in its natural waves. After that, I changed into some shorts and a cropped sweater that I had brought with me and threw my towels in the hamper, letting out a sigh. Humming a random song under my breath, I grabbed my robe and phone from the counter and threw open the bathroom door, headed back into my room.

"You know it's really rude to just barge into someone's bedroom like this, especially this early," I spoke clearly as I put down my robe and carefully got in my bed, getting comfortable underneath my duvet before I peered over in the corner.

Peter Hale stepped out of the shadows, a smirk on his face. "I did not barge in, I simply entered through your unlocked window, which you really should keep locked by the way."

"Peter," I yawned tiredly and placed my phone on the nightstand, the sun shining through my curtains. "Are you here to lecture me on my bad habit of leaving my window unlocked or?"