Ivy

I felt a jolt as the plane landed and gripped my seat tightly, practically holding my breath until we finally came to a stop. "Thank goodness, that was terrifying." I muttered as I hurriedly collected my carry-on and handed Grandma hers before exiting the plane with all the other passengers.

"You didn't like the flight?" Grandma chuckled at me and I shook my head vigorously. "Being in the air wasn't so bad, but I hate the take-off and landing." I replied as we headed to baggage. We waited and collected our things before heading out and flagging down a taxi to drive us to her home.

"I hope you like your room. I did make a few changes before I left in case you accepted the offer." Grandma stated and I smiled at her. "I'm sure I will love it." I reassured her with a smile and she returned it as we just made some small talk for the rest of the drive.

Once we arrived at her house the taxi driver kindly helped us carry everything to the door as it was already past dark and I dragged it all in to the living room. The house was much smaller than the one I was used to, but it was very cute and tidy and definitely my grandmother's home with cream walls and furniture and light wooden floors, a few trinkets placed here and there that I could recall seeing throughout my childhood.

I steadily carried everything to my new room and was unpacking for about an hour when Grandma poked her head in the doorway. "I need to run to the store, do you want to come? You probably need toiletries and such right? It's Monday thankfully so the store should still be open for a couple of hours." she offered and I nodded, following her to the garage and climbing into her neat little Mercedes sedan.

We shopped around for a bit and I grabbed my favorite shampoo, conditioner, and body wash before pausing at the female hygiene section. I pursed my lips, looking at the boxes and packages before searching for my grandmother. "Hey Grandma, what is today's date?" I questioned as she walked over. "The 29th I believe, why?" she asked curiously. "Huh. Well it should have been my time of the month the week of graduation but I just realized I haven't had it."

"Have you missed it before?" she asked with a strange look on her face and I shook my head. "No not really. It's pretty regular, has been since I first started." I said and she closed her eyes, holding her face in her hands for a moment before looking at me seriously. "Ivy. When you were with that young man, did you two use protection?" she asked and I froze, trying to think back and remember.

"I'm not sure Grandma. I - I don't think we did." I stuttered and she sighed heavily, holding tightly on to the buggy. "Are you on birth control?" she asked softly and I gave a strangled sound. "No... oh gosh Grandma, what am I going to do?" I exclaimed, staring wide-eyed at the pregnancy tests that she began to pick up and put into the cart. "We will just have to make sure." she said simply, grabbing four tests and heading for the check out.

I took the keys from Grandma and quickly left her to buy everything as hurried straight to the car, settling into the passenger seat and holding my head in my hands with my elbows propped on my knees. "What am I going to do?" I sobbed out, tears falling from my eyes as scenarios rushed through my mind. 'It's clear Nathaniel does not want to be with me, I won't bother him with this if its true. I won't make him change his life and his choices, he would resent me forever if I did.' I thought to myself, making the decision with a small frown.

'I would rather do this alone than have my child have to put up with any of the heartache that could come from that.'

The car door opening startled me from my thoughts and I looked over to see Grandma looking at me with concern. "Ivy I want you to know right now that even if you are pregnant I do not judge you in any way nor respect you any less. Things happen for a reason, even if we don't always understand them at the time." she spoke gently, her eyes shining with the truth of her words.