Chapter 35:

"I don't know, sweetheart."

"I just need a dad." She looked down. "Like my friends, they are happy with their dad's. I see the way their dad's looks at them. I see the way they are. They love them. They are happy and fun." I saw a tear rolling down her cheek and wept it away. "I want that. I want a dad. A dad that is happy with you and shows both of us how to be happy."

"Baby, sometimes it's impossible to believe you are still my little girl." I made her chuckle and look up at me. I hugged her. "But, the game of love is not easy. I can't just get you a stepdad. It has to be someone I love, someone that loves us."

"I know."

"Oh yea? What else do you know?"

"That you have tickets for James' next fight." She shyly smiled.

"It's in a few weeks."

"Can we go? Please! It's even front row!"

"I know... I will think about it."

"Mummy!" She whined.

"I said I will think about it, it might end up being a no so don't pressure me."

"Sorry." She kissed my cheek. "I wuv you!"

"I love you too, sweetheart." I kissed the top of her head.

~~~2 weeks later~~~

"Bye, father." Cathy hung up on Liam. She hand me the phone. "Hey, mummy. Guess what day is today." That devilish smile of hers was appearing.

"I know, today is the fight."

"Yea! We have to look pretty."

"Baby..." I warmed.

"I mean YOU! YOU have to look pretty, I'm just going to look adorable for my stepdad."

"You have been dreaming too much."

"It's never bad to dream, you even said it yourself."

"I know." I hate to admit she's right.

"So come on! Let's get ready!" She shouted around the house. I smiled and followed her.

"And the winner is..." Cathy was ready to jump. "James Gentlemen!!" The entire crowed shouted. Cathy jumped up and started dancing.

"He won! I knew it!" She cheered.

"Well we have to wait until some people leave so we leave and you don't get run over." I told her.

We saw a few flashes and Cathy looked at the cameras. I carried her and some paps were coming close. Not because of me but, because of James, UFC number 1 best fighter just won for the 1000 time. Literally. Some paps surrounded me and I got scared. Not because I am not use to it but, because of the fact Cathy is a bit nervous. They use to hurt her when she went out with Liam and she will never forget that. I tried getting her to calm down but, there were already 20 paps around us. She started shaking and she closed her eyes. I felt someone grab my shoulder. I looked up and saw James.

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

Sorry this is a short chapter.