three

Vanessa

I did not want to go. I refused to go. But I didn't have an option because that insulate fucker made it clear that I just had to go to this damned party. Saturday rolled around way too quickly. I had spent the rest of the week, trying my best to convince that dick that I didn't want to go.

But, of course, he didn't listen to me. He'd just nod and pretend to be interested in his history text book. If I mentioned anything else, he'd happily oblige an answer. But if I even uttered party, it's like his ears turned off and his already not functioning brain forgot how to form a sentence.

Luke: ready?

Me: not going.

Luke: not what i asked.

Me: i hate you so much.

Luke: be there in 10.

I huffed, changing into a mini skirt my friend had forced upon me yesterday. She insisted that if I wanted to make this whole thing worth it, I tease Luke. I didn't want to because that is way too much work. It was tiring just thinking about going. I pulled on a t-shirt and Converse, calling it a day and made my way downstairs.

"Why are you dressed like a whore?" My 14-year-old brother poked my arm as I walked pass him.

"To annoy Luke," I leaned against the wall, folding my arms over my chest.

"I thought you swore to never speak to him again?" He took a gigantically disgusting bite of his apple, chewing loudly.

"Well, he and I made a deal and we're closer than ever," I muttered the last part, rolling my eyes.

"What's the deal?" He asked through his obnoxious chewing.

"None of your business. Now go eat your apple somewhere else," I go to the living room and plop down on the couch, impatiently flipping through photos on my phone. I had over 300 photos of my favorite singer, Calum Hood (he's pretty underground, you wouldn't know him). When I'm feeling down, I'd scroll through my camera roll and look at him for as long as I needed. And for this night, I needed to stare at him the entire time I'm at that damned party.

There was a loud honking outside and I rolled my eyes. "And the gentleman caller arrives." I muttered, getting up ever so reluctantly and go out to his car. I stand in front of the passenger door, folding my arms over my chest. He rolled down the window and looked at me. "You coming or what?"

"Open the door for me."

"Get in the car," he sighed, rubbing his face.

"Open the door for me," I repeated, raising an eyebrow. He huffed, reaching over and pushing the door opened. "my knight in shining armour." I grumbled, getting in and buckled up.

"Why are you wearing that?" I looked over at Luke, his eyebrow raised substantially high and eyeing my legs.

"Because I can?" I folded my hands in my lap, giving him a sarcastic smile. His face remained straight, but I could see the tips of his ears turning pink, gulping a little. "Can we go now? I want to get this night over with." He put the car in drive and started down the road without a word as I laid my head against the window, looking through my camera roll.

"What are you doing?"

"None of your business."

"Okay, damn, it was just a question," he grumbled, making a sharp turn.

"Easy there, Speed Racer. I'd like to make it there in one piece."

"You don't even want to be there."