Chapter four

UNIVERSITY GIRL
By the Aplomb writer: Hamagee

Chap 4

    As Roseline and Mary are walking,Mary stops at the way and looked at Roseline,that's when she noticed that Roseline wasn't with her since when they started walking,Roseline stops as well,she said with her hands folded around her waist "why are u staring at me?",Mary eyed her and said "then why shouldn't I?",Roseline release her hands and place them on Mary's shoulders and say "please tell me what's the matter huhh",Mary understood her friend very well,she then remove Roseline's hands that were placed on her shoulders,she then place her's on Roseline,"what's wrong wit u my friend,since when we met at the first time,I've realise something from u as if something or someone is bothering u,please tell me what's the matter I promise u,we'll definately find a way out",Roseline said helplessly "what else could I do Mary,when Mother doesn't want my further education to take place",Mary ask her confusedly "and what do u mean by saying that?",Roseline looks into Mary's eyes and say "Yeah!I mean what u heard right now,mother wants me to get married soon",she starts to cry,Mary smiled because she now understood where her friend's problem is. Since when they were in primary school,Roseline always thought of getting into the *University* as soon as she finish with her secondary education,that's why Mary smiled at her,she said "ohh!! Poor Rose,is it because of this that u'r very unhappy today? I think it shouldn't be like this,after all your mum loves u so much why will u think that she doesn't want your future to be good,I think she did it with a purpose so please don't misunderstand the issue",Roseline get herself out of Mary's hand and say "so u think getting married is the best thing for me right?",Mary nods her head which signifies the answer to be yes "I think it is more than the best since that's what your mom choose for u",Roseline became more angry than before,she then say "let's not talk about this ever again please,let's go now",Mary shakes her head and say "OK",there they leave. No one said a single word since when they started moving,in no time they reached the stream where they both fetched water and leave. On there way back home,they saw Mary's fiance,they both stopped,Roseline stopped because she saw Mary did the same. Mary smiled as Paul reached them,they exchange greetings before she starts to introduce both Roseline and Paul to each of them,"Paul,this is Roseline known as Rose,she's my childhood and best friends in fact we're like relatives",Paul smiled at her,she replies back the smile and turn to Roseline "this is Paul my fiance" she says,Roseline smiles and they exchange greetings with Paul,she then says "it's nice to meet u Paul because it has been so long I came to know u but we haven't met since then,I hope u like my friend the way she likes u too",she chuckles,Paul and Mary laughs as well then he replied with "even more than she did,Mary is now part of my life,I don't think I can do without her","I like that" Roseline said happily. That's how there conversations took place before they leave.Paul told Mary that he should be coming by tomorrow,and she agreed. When they get back home,Roselin's mother had already started preparing their lunch,both of them join her as soon as they entered the house..

      hgenglishnovelseries.blogspot.com