four ; first friend

:・゚☆。•:・゚☆。•

chapter fourfirst friend

chapter four ━ first friend

━━━━★✼☆。━━━━

❝ is this a dream? ❞

━━━━★✼☆。━━━━

IF THERE WAS someone who hardly ever argued that was Skylar Gordon. She didn't argue because she never had a strong enough opinion about something that made her think about debating her point. Never had she seen the point because she was a more of a "go with the flow" type person. However, sometimes she didn't even care. And her parents made choices for her most of the time so there was nothing to argue about in the first place.

But today was different, it just was. Skylar had fought with her dad, arguing that she wanted to go with him that day. In the end, Jim had fought with good points so Skylar lost the argument. And it didn't help that Barabra was helping him, saying that Skylar was better off going with her to work instead of the police force.

It didn't take long for the teenage girl to find out about the children in the streets going missing. They were being kidnapped and no one even bothered to look for them. Skylar was devastated when she heard the news and had actually talked to Barbara about it.

After their arrival to Gotham, things weren't the best. Skylar felt even more worried and nervous in the city than she ever had in her entire life. For once, she hated it. The girl hated not being able to do anything about the situation. She was too weak.

Skylar had begun to talk to her mom a lot more, just telling her about things that were on her mind and things that were bugging her. Though Barbara was confused as to why all of a sudden her daughter was being so open, she didn't shoot her down and always listened.

Jim had come back to the penthouse and sat down by the fire with Skylar sitting at the coffee table in front of him and Barbara next to him. The girl had started to read more to pass the time and by the day she became more like a bookworm. It made the two parents happy because they finally felt like Skylar was settling down after so many years.

In reality, Skylar was just trying to make the situation she was in normal. She pretended like her life was normal and that nothing was wrong.

When Barbara walked back in with drinks, Skylar looked up from her book and at her dad. Both of the girls had dressed in casual clothing and Skylar had just gotten out of the shower so her wet hair clung to the fabric of her pajama top. "You said that the kids were drugged with a pin?"

Her dad didn't look too enthusiastic that she was getting involved but she couldn't help herself. These kids had it way worse than she did. And while she cried in the corner of her large room, these kids were on the streets, sleeping in alleyways because they had nowhere to go. It was wrong. And Skylar wanted to do something about it.