twenty-nine ; cold metal meets blood-soaked skin

:・゚☆。•:・゚☆。•

chapter twenty-ninecold metal meets blood-soaked skin

chapter twenty-nine ━ cold metal meets blood-soaked skin

━━━━★✼☆。━━━━

❝ he's dead ❞

━━━━★✼☆。━━━━

ALFRED NEVER CAME back, leaving the two of them to sit in the study until he came back. Still, after several hours, he never did. An awkward silence filled the space, neither saying much because there was nothing else to say. Bruce was clearly embarrassed about the kiss they had, even though it was nothing but a quick peck. Skylar was not as ashamed, acting casual. However, it had clearly been his first kiss so she completely understood why each time she glanced over at him, his cheeks went red and he ducked his head. So, to avoid conversation, he was reading a book. She was laying on the other couch on one of his laptops, watching try not to laugh compilations. And in doing so, she came to the realization that she is dead inside. She laughed once. And it was not a laugh, it was quiet sound of amusement.

Six in the early morning rolled around and Skylar was dead asleep for once, not making any noises. Bruce was asleep on the other couch, his book open, laying on his chest. He snored softly. The balcony window opened, allowing a chilling breeze inside the manor. The two shivered unconsciously, but then the female opened her eyes slowly, yawning.

She sat up and came face to face with a hooded figure. Instinctively, she went to scream, her hands grabbing onto anything she could use as a weapon. Why she decided to put her knife on the coffee table and not on her person, she did not know and instantly regretted her poor choice.

The person covered her mouth with a gloved hand, throwing a bag over her head, then picked her up, swinging her over their shoulder. Through the black hood the mysterious character put on her, she could vaguely see Bruce fighting back as well, kicking his legs, trying to yell for help. Neither gave up, not staying still, not even when their ankles and wrists were bound, their mouths duck-taped, the crushing grip on them making it hard to squirm, all which rendered the two powerless.

From what she heard and could see, there were many hooded figures. They were carried the whole way, never once got into a car or a sketchy van. Whoever these people were, knew the city well. Because no one crossed their paths once, not even when they got into the seemingly busy streets. Which meant no one was going to save them. For now at least.

Despite the odds stacked against them, Bruce continued to make several attempts at hitting their kidnappers. Skylar had given up, knowing it was best to save her energy for when they actually had an opportunity to escape. She was thinking ahead, he was not. At this point, she was used to being kidnapped, so she honestly was not shocked anymore. Everyone wanted a piece of her, she supposed.