thirty-three ; pain is a dear friend

:・゚☆。•:・゚☆。•

chapter thirty-three ━ pain is a dear friend

━━━━★✼☆。━━━━

yes, i have used the same skylar gif already but you know what, it looks good with the bruce gif. and yes i made this myself :)

STAYING AT CHARLOTTE'S was better than she originally anticipated. The only living, breathing female Cobblepot turned out to be kinder than Skylar had first perceived. She took good care of them, always having snacks out for them to munch on, made sure they had clean clothes and kept them entertained by having movies on in the living room. Not to mention her penthouse was cozy and downright amazing. It wasn't as big as Wayne Manor but it made up for it through its spacey atmosphere and brilliant smell, which was a simple vanilla scent. The beds were comfortable as hell, the fake fur blankets heavy enough to keep them warm throughout the night.

The girls shared the bed while Bruce took the couch. They hardly ever saw Charlotte, only ever coming across her when they were up at midnight, devouring her delicious cookies. She was gone during the day, doing who knows what. But they weren't at the penthouse during the day either, opting for teaching the billionaire boy how to live on the streets. And for the most part, it was going well, certainly better than they had expected. He was determined which made things easier. The only issue they were running into was how reckless he could get, seemingly not caring about his own safety. Yet, the second she snapped at him, he got his act together.

Selina teased her about it all the time now. She found it absolutely hilarious how Skylar was shoving down her obvious affections for him, making kissing faces and drawing a heart with her two fingers in the air whenever he wasn't looking but she was. All she could get in reply was the finger and heated glare that made her grin. Meanwhile, Skylar was convincing herself that she didn't have any sort of feelings for him, deny any insinuation from anyone, which anyone was usually Selina or Charlotte would also found it amusing.

In order to shift the attention off of herself, Skylar would bring up places they could rob for money. And that topic brought them to what they were doing at the moment. Though Ivy still gave her the chills, unsettling her more than she'd like to admit, she provided them with great people to steal from. It would be easy because the people the redhead worked for were losers, worthless piles of scum that wandered Gotham's criminal infested streets. Bruce had no problem taking from people who had it coming, agreeing that whoever they were robbing needed to be dealt with.

They snuck their way into the basement, finding that no one was home. The place was disgusting, the paint peeling off the walls, the very few items of furniture worn out and gross, and the wood floor creaky and cracked in plenty of spots. They walked downstairs to the basement, entering a room that had several long tables, luminous purple lights hanging above containers full of mushrooms. The room was awfully dark, the only source of light from the violet lamps and the small windows that were high up on the walls, glowing yellow from the sun.