twenty-two ; arsonist's lullaby

:・゚☆。•:・゚☆。•

chapter twenty-twoarsonist's lullaby

chapter twenty-two ━ arsonist's lullaby

━━━━★✼☆。━━━━

❝ when i was a child ❞

━━━━★✼☆。━━━━

thirty votes and twenty comments for the next chapter!

SELINA COULDN'T STAND to live at Oswald's place anymore. She and Skylar both were followed every time they walked down a hallway. It was beginning to seem as though they were hostages rather than allies. But then her newly turned sarcastic friend brought up the good point that she wasn't interested in working for someone, she'd rather work for herself and then make deals with other. And so it was settled. The two moved to somewhere near the mansion of the crime boss but stayed on their own.

The place wasn't the most ideal and yet it was better than the dirty trailer Skylar used to live in back at the circus. Because of the cramped room, the two girls had to share a bed. The Valeska wasn't complaining given that she hated to sleep alone to begin with. And that is how they got there, sleeping peacefully beside one another until a knock awoke the oldest.

Skylar sat up, noticing the shadow of someone at the door. Cat was up not even a few seconds after her. They both watched for a moment, curious as to who it could be. The Valeska reached for the pocket knife she kept underneath her blanket, her fingers dancing on it before she grabbed it, standing up as she inched to the door. Selina followed her, moving slowly and quietly, a knife in her hands as well.

Reaching the doorway, Skylar peered into the small hole to see Butch. She exhaled, glad that it wasn't Oswald, pulled back, and closed the knife. Selina raised an eyebrow at her actions but then her friend lifted the latch, opening the door to let him in.

"What the hell do you want? You ruined our beauty sleep," her cold voice sounded to the right-hand man.

Butch only rolled his eyes, moving inside of the small room. He looked around, his nose scrunching up at the sight of it. It was nothing exciting or clean. Not that it mattered anyway. The cats that usually stayed nearby meowed at the sign of a new presence but didn't move any closer. "Nice place."

Skylar crossed her arms over her chest while Selina shut the door. "Am I going to have to repeat myself?"

He ignored her rude and blunt tone, getting straight to the reason why he was there. "I need you guys to take me to the Pike Brothers."

Her eyes went to her friend who came to stand behind her. Sure she knew quite a bit in her short time of living on the streets, she was still unfamiliar with some things and these people she had never heard of before. Selina rose an eyebrow, glancing at her to see the brunette shrug. "The firebugs from the Narrows?" Then she understood. "I used to hang with their sister, Bridgit, when I was a kid." They both smirked. "Why do you need us to take you?"