twenty ; spark

:・゚☆。•:・゚☆。•

chapter twentyspark

chapter twenty ━ spark

━━━━★✼☆。━━━━

❝ today's your spark ❞

━━━━★✼☆。━━━━

thirty votes and thirty comments for the next chapter!

prepare to cry

SKYLAR SKIPPED DOWN the stairs, grinning from ear to ear. Once she hit the bottom, she took in the quiet scene. With Greenwood dead, it was finally peaceful and she could enjoy spending time with her mother and Jerome. Pushing the events from yesterday out of her mind was simple enough. All she had to do was tell herself what Selina told her once: Gotham is a dangerous place. You gotta be mean to survive and not let the little things affect you. Now, she was happy and ready to take on whatever task was at hand.

Tabitha and Jerome were waiting for her outside, the redhead whistling obnoxiously. They both saw her bounding down the steps and her brother smiled in his insane way. "Morning, Sky! You ready to go?"

"You still haven't told me what we are doing," she pointed, stopping in front of him with her arms crossed over her chest. "I'm surprised you are letting me go."

"Well, I've been thinking," Tabitha confessed, making the girl look over at her. "You got potential, kid. All you need is a spark. Consider today your spark."

Skylar raised an eyebrow, looking intrigued yet excited. "Spark?" Then she nodded more to herself than them. "Alright, fine. What's on the agenda for today, hm?"

Jerome smirked from where he had sat on the hood of the car. "What do you say we go and visit good ole blind man." It didn't take her more than a few seconds to realize who he was talking about. Always the quick thinker she was nowadays. Perhaps Gotham wasn't a bad place for her after all.

"We gonna kill him?" she asked, her eyes lighting up at the thought of getting rid of that sick old man. He was just as mad as Lila and he hadn't even hit them before. But that one time, that one day, set in their minds that he was not a good person nor did he deserve happiness. Because Mr. Cicero helped him leave the circus.

He nodded in response. Tabitha watched her every movement to see if she truly did hold a promise of being strong, intelligent, independent, and overall, someone that could actually be someone in the city. Jerome hopped down from the hood of the car, wrapping one arm around her shoulders. "Oh, you bet. We are finally going to put him down. You ready?"

Skylar thought for a moment. Was she ready? Could she watch Mr. Cicero die without getting dizzy or sick this time? As if he sensed her worries, the Valeska rubbed her shoulder. "Hey, if you don't want to do this, you can stay with Barbara." Tabitha still watched, letting this be the perfect test.