thirteen ; romantic failure

:・゚☆。•:・゚☆。•

chapter thirteenromantic failure

chapter thirteen ━ romantic failure

━━━━★✼☆。━━━━

❝ solve this riddle for me ❞

━━━━★✼☆。━━━━

SHE NO LONGER feared the edge as much as she used to. Though fear never truly disappears, it was safe to say that it had shrunken drastically. Cars zoomed by, it creating a low hum in the air that was music to her ears. People hurried by, either talking on the phone, guzzling a gigantic cup of coffee, or both. Barbara had begun to worry a bit. Skylar was attached to the outside, the balcony to be exact. The teenage girl would sit on the edge and simply stare at nothing in particular. Her stealing trips weren't very often because her mother dreaded her daughter going to jail. In the time between them, she'd was stuck outside. To her, the edge was beautiful.

It was fascinating to watch people she'd never known and would never know carry on with their lives. They all lived in a city of crime and tragedy and yet life seemed oh-so-ordinary for the first few hours of the day before something major happened. What was interesting was that no matter what it went through, Gotham continued to thrive.

Skylar's doe eyes peered over the edge like a child watching a movie. Her soft hands lied on her sides, her legs dangling over the wall without a care in the world. Barbara was watching from the inside, deciding to bring her daughter a cup of hot chocolate so she wouldn't get a cold. The brunette only was wearing a long sleeve shirt with short pants and no shoes. Goosebumps were arising on her skin which indicated that she was cold. However, the girl didn't bother rising to get new clothes.

Barbara stood behind her, watching Skylar's hair fly back in the wind gracefully. Sure, she knew that her daughter was beautiful, but seeing her comfortable in her own skin for once in her entire life made Skylar put goddesses to shame. Her personality was finally taking shape as was her physical features of course. The blonde crossed over and stood beside her.

"Why don't you come inside for a little bit and warm up," she hummed softly. Both of the hot chocolates warmed her hands in the wintery breeze. She herself was wearing long sleeves, long pants, and a jacket. It was enough to trap in the heat from her body.

Skylar's eyes didn't stray from the street down below. "Just a few more minutes."

Barbara gave her a scolding look yet worried one and responded with, "You've been out here for hours now. Please come inside." The wind blew again, this time a bit harder than the last. There was a sigh that echoed off the balcony and flowed with the wind.

The brunette turned and jumped off the edge swiftly, entering the loft. Selina and Ivy were out at the moment so it was only Skylar and Barbara. Her mother brought her over to the couch and handed her the mug carefully. She sat beside her, allowing her arm to rest against the back of the couch. "Everything ok, honey?"