ten ; to become stronger

:・゚☆。•:・゚☆。•

chapter tento become stronger

chapter ten ━ to become stronger

━━━━★✼☆。━━━━

❝ you can make it ❞

━━━━★✼☆。━━━━

DAYS HAD PASSED since Selina's first lesson. The first lesson she had taught Skylar was to stop showing people that she was afraid. It had taken hours but eventually, the teen began to keep herself from wrapping her arms around her waist as a sign of nervousness and or fear. When Selina had left, Skylar pinched herself whenever she moved her arms. It was a habit that she was forcing herself to quit. Though she knew it wouldn't be, trying to end something you've done for a while was more than just tough.

Long days and nights passed. Skylar had moved into Wayne manor for the time being considering that Barbara was not coming back anytime soon, and Jim didn't want her to be alone. Bruce was his usual solemn self while Alfred was his usual polite being. Skylar felt out of place but told herself that her situation could be a whole lot worse.

She was wrapped up in a blanket in the study with a mug in hand when Alfred entered. His hands were behind his back. "There is a call for you Miss."

"Thank you, Alfred." He nodded to her and left. Skylar got up and picked up the phone that sat on the table behind her. "Dad?"

"No, it's me, honey," Barbara answered.

Skylar felt her stomach drop to the floor, tears filling her eyes. "Mom?" Then her voice turned bitter. "I thought you were too busy with Montoya to come back home."

Barbara was crying on the other line. "I'm so sorry. I was scared and I was only thinking about myself. I just wanted to make sure you were ok."

This was her mother she was talking to. Skylar couldn't bring herself to be angry anymore. Barbara was right, the experience they went through was scary. Her reaction was normal and she was mad at herself for ever thinking bad about her mother. "I'm ok, mom. Are you coming to get me?"

A sigh. "No, I wish I could but, I just need some more time."

"You and dad..." Skylar trailed off as the realization struck her. "You guys are done, aren't you?"

Barbara sniffled, trying to contain the tears that hadn't fallen. "I don't know, sweetheart. But I think so."

Skylar felt a tear fall. "I love you, mom."

"Skylar please-"

The teen hung up the phone, putting it back on the table. Before she knew it, the tears fell fast, causing her to collapse to the ground in tears. Her cries were muffled as she kept herself silent. During all of this, not once did she wrap her arms around her body to protect herself.